Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Bellows bungee

parrots mum

Life at the Edinburgh CC
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
I kept getting reminders to buy one--didn't and now need to get one. Where is 'the shop' on the forum ??? Thanks

Look to the right of the page. Cali accessories :thumb

Yes we ship the bellows bungee to Europe :thumb

Recieved mine on Saturday, great service (even got one for a mate) :thumb

Glad you got your bungees in good time we have sold quite a few to non Cali owners so I guess they work as well on the manual roof as well :thumb

Received mine yesterday---It's very long--Am I right in thinking it goes all the way round and not just across the front. Am not as flexible as I used to be (OAP) so any tips for fitting it would be appreciated. Thanks.

I have emailed you some basic fitting instructions :thumb

Following instructions I fitted the bungee this morning. Tied the toggle end to the scissor mechanism, in lieu of a bike rack/someone holding the end.
The corners are pulled in slightly tho' I could get my hand under, but not comfortably so. Is this likely to rub the fabric over time??
Assume the bungee will, given time, stretch a bit more. I pre-stretched it first---good job I did as there was, literally, just enough to go round and feed into the toggle/tie a knot.Mine sits just below the front window vent and is level all way round at that height. Is this a good position??
posting.php?mode=reply&f=126&t=6655#

Yes that sounds about the right position :thumb

Glad you got your bungees in good time we have sold quite a few to non Cali owners so I guess they work as well on the manual roof as well :thumb
Hello

Just received our Bellows Bungee very good quick service....just want to ask though how tight is tight when fitting.
Hope you can advise.

Steve & Gill

It doesn't need to be tight I have mine so it just squeeze's the canvas on the corners and I can get my hand behind it.

Are all the bungees sent out with exactly the same length. After fitting we have about 12inches of excess do we cut that off so it doesn't get caught when lowering roof. Is that about right for the excess ?

Yes approximately we allow a little spare just cut it off and leave about
8 inches in case it stretches

You will be amazed at the difference it makes:thumb

What is the new bellows design then? Ours was replaced last month at Heritage and is identical to the one they removed. I am still using a bungee. Have some people got a new design then?

Are there instructions for how to fit this on the site? Thought This was the video clip on the shop page but this seems to just be a demo of it working....
Also is it a 2 person job?

I did it single handed.

Hook one end to one bit of a scissor lift.

Then gather as much stretched bit in your hand, walk it around the bellows, clip two bits together, then get smacked in the teeth by first bit flying off and messing up carefully applied lip stick ...:(

Try again this time making sure the bungee is firmly fixed in the end fixings ...

Stand back, admire the handiwork, taking a photograph to post in the media section.

Visit the dentist.

Thanks Grannyjen, I shall be fitting this on the weekend and have my gumshield ready;):D:D

To fit The bellows bungee you will need some assistance first tie the quickclip to the bike rack or get someone to hold it round the back. with the roof raised thread the bungee behind the scissor mechanism towards the front drivers side then stand on the drivers step pull the bungee until you have enough slack then throw it over the front making sure someone is there to catch it.repeat the process threading the bungee behind the scissors until you meet up around the back. Join the bungee and the clip together then tension
Just make sure that its not too tight you should be able to fit your hand behind the bungee on the corners without a problem. It doesn't need to be tight to be effective.
I hope this helps.