Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Bench seat drawer won't close

Collfryn

Collfryn

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
We've been having a great time this last month in our new T6 Ocean. About to return home yesterday and found the bench seat drawer just will not close and stops about 100mm short. There's nothing blocking inside the drawer (which Ive emptied). Ive removed the rear toolbox and can't see anything obvious blocking the drawer runners. The runner to the left protrudes further than the one on the right. I guess something small could have made its way into one on the runners? Does anyone know how to release the drawer from the runners to inspect them ? I'd rather take a look if possible before having to make a 200 mile round trip to the dealer.

IMG_1046.jpg IMG_1047.jpg

Hi

I have the same issue - what was the source of the problem and how did you fix?

Thanks in advance
Unscrew these and the draw can be withdrawn. A mmall piece of plastic had split from the runner assembly and jammed the runner channel. I removed it and the drawer works fine (not worth a 4 hour round trip to dealer. There are two small screws on the right and left inside base of the drawer that fix the draw to the runner.

Great - Thanks for clarifying. Think the runners were pretty dirty on mine, good clean means better sliding action which makes sure that the drawer closes properly and locks!. We had a problem where we thought it was closed but actually hadnt locked, and under braking the drawer flys open.

Back