ThomasHJ

ThomasHJ

Top Poster
VIP Member
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Hi all,

We're out camping. Just put the kids to bed in the top bed and wanted to make our bed downstairs but the bench wont move at all.

Had the problem once before and fixed it by pulling the lever up just a bit more then we normally do.

But this time it really wont move. The lever seems to work fine. Looking behind the under the bench-drawer I can see the silver rod moving when I pull the lever. But the bench wont move even an inch.

I know how to work the bench. Sit on it, wiggle it, etc. I know how to pull the lever, how to pull it up a bit more using my thumb. I have been using the bench for a long time.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Would love to get some sleep tonight and not have to cut the trip short.

Will the seat recline? if so, you could remove the
rear shelf, recline the seat and bring the rear shelf up front
resting on the thetford and the front seats, throw your
comfort mattress over and bobs yer uncle.

Hi all,

We're out camping. Just put the kids to bed in the top bed and wanted to make our bed downstairs but the bench wont move at all.

Had the problem once before and fixed it by pulling the lever up just a bit more then we normally do.

But this time it really wont move. The lever seems to work fine. Looking behind the under the bench-drawer I can see the silver rod moving when I pull the lever. But the bench wont move even an inch.

I know how to work the bench. Sit on it, wiggle it, etc. I know how to pull the lever, how to pull it up a bit more using my thumb. I have been using the bench for a long time.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Would love to get some sleep tonight and not have to cut the trip short.
I really hope the problem isn’t the same as I experienced when my van was new in November 2020!

The release mechanism had become detached within the seat meaning that the bench wasn’t being released from the rack in one of the floor rails. Mine was fixed under warranty but required a complete new bench!!

Hope yours is something simple that you can fix on site.

Thanks both for answering. Yes I searched and in the past read all the threads on this issue. For fun / future reference.

Luckily i got it fixxed just now. I messed with the mechanism but doubt that did it. In the end lifting the bench (vertically) seemed to unlock it. I'll explain more after the trip. Thanks for taking the time to respond. Now.. some sleep.