Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Bent fuel flap

Custardtart

Custardtart

I don't know if this is common but one of my passengers caught the fuel flap when squeezing out of the front passenger door in a tight space. It bent the hinges slightly so it wouldn't sit quite flush and the gaps around the flap were no longer even.

It's all been persuaded back into place so no harm done.

I mention it because the location of the flap means it's damage waiting to happen.

A couple of times, passengers have remarked that the fuel flap has been left open - but it hasn't, it's being caught as they get out of the van!

Anyone else finding this?

totally agree, I have had exactly the same happen to me numerous times so you are not alone, Its a crazy design!

I had the same, took flap off, put spring mech back together and bent the hinges to the right place. Sorted, good as new. Note the rubber bit can drop off and get lost as well, been meaning to get a spare, they are about 3 quid.

The wife shut the passenger door on my hand and i wished it had of been the fuel flap ....lol

This is because you all have the fuel flap on the very wrong side. :p

My petrol flap started sting out a bit, for some reason. I gaffer-taped a thin slice of a pencil rubber to the prong that the door pushes against, and that did the trick!

I managed to ping off the plastic clip on the flap yesterday - didn't know it existed but it keeps it shut when the door is closed.

It went back on okay though :)

James

I cut a small piece of black rubber from an old exercise mat to the size of the little door stop of the petrol flap stop and used double sided tape to stick it in place. It gives just enough pressure to hold the flap snugly in place.

Back