Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Best Packing Boxes?

W

Woolley

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
We are a few months in to Beach life. If we could improve packing - life would be sweeter! Can you recommend robust boxes which fit under the multiplex board, could be used as extra seating and look cool? Any tips would be great....

Euroboxes / Eurocontainers have worked very well for us in our beach setup.

Not the cheapest, but really high quality, fast delivery, and lots of options at Auer.

Thanks for the link - so many colours - just the thing!

We use the stackable really useful boxes - we have a big one that's used for dry food, and some smaller ones for cooking items and clothing. They are slightly irritating in that you need to restack to open up the lid of a lower one in the stack. When travelling, we slide the multiflex forward so there are two big stacks of RUBs next to each other behind the multiflex, and the portable toilet off to the side. The big awning bag travels on top of the RUBs.

I really should have taken a picture of this!

The other ones that people recommend are the Muji sliding drawers - you'll find some posts with pictures on this forum.

Thanks - yes pics would be really useful. I want to get so organised that we can fly out of the front door at a moments notice - as a family - and head to the beach for an overnighter. Two is easy, as a family - not so. Any other tips to make this possible? (I know we should take less!)

You'll find pictures on these old threads:

Just be aware that not all Euroboxes are created equal. Based on previous threads, I recently purchased some from Solent Plastics which I'm quite happy with. The note of caution is that while the external dimensions may all be the same so that they all stack, different models can be more or space efficient, e.g. 60l vs. 62l vs. 66l usable volume for the same external size. I ended up getting these:
Screenshot 2020-09-21 at 10.28.36.png

I was also a bit gutted to find that the Calicap drawer wasn't exactly the same width as any Eurobox configuration, but I guess they're limited by the Cali boot dimensions. However, the 600mm wide box and the Thetford 335 will just about squeeze in next to each other, so that pleased the perfectionist in me.

I like the boxes from the company "Really Useful Boxes". Really robust and loads of different sizes. They stack very well too, especially when you de-bus your stuff in to the awning.

@ahjury tell me more about this setup. What’s that divider? Do you things still
Slide out? Looks clever setup

We are a few months in to Beach life. If we could improve packing - life would be sweeter! Can you recommend robust boxes which fit under the multiplex board, could be used as extra seating and look cool? Any tips would be great....
33A1CF1C-3BA2-46BC-9DD7-A0E2C9EC421F.jpeg

Plus one for "really useful boxes"-Ive posted this on another thread but this is our packing sequence for a family of 4 with a Khyam Motordome Sleeper, BBQ and boxes for a two week (or more) stay.
We slide the multiplex forward and then use the available space to take just about everything but the kitchen sink !

IMG_2081.jpegIMG_2082.jpegIMG_2084.jpegIMG_2086.jpeg

IMG_2043.JPG
Tray before assembly

IMG_2044.JPG
Two assembled trays

IMG_2045.JPG
Crate before assembly.

IMG_2940.JPG
Capacity of an assembled crate.

IMG_2046.JPG
Two crates, gas box and two trays.

IMG_2050.JPG
All fit in front of the multiflex

IMG_2084.JPG
Four Muji drawers fit under the multiflex, a plywood table sits on top of the trays.

IMG_2085.JPG
All this fits under the level of the multiflex.

IMG_2093.JPG
Two boys can sleep on an extended multiflex.

IMG_2590.JPG
The trays, drawers and table top make the perfect kitchen area.

Back