Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Best time to sell?

Tarquers

Tarquers

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Beach camper 150
We will be moving to Europe in June and after having investigated insurance for RHD on the continent, have reluctantly decided to sell our 62 DSG SE and start again when we are settled.

Is there a best time of year to sell? My experience of buying is that there is no time like the present, I am just wondering if I leave it as late as possible or advertise early and risk being without for a few months.

All thoughts welcome!

I would say selling in April/May would be a good time for the highest price, but at present I don’t think there is much in it. Good luck

Spring has tended to be the best time to sell any campervan, for obvious reasons. Some might ponder how recent events like the price hike on new Calis will affect the used markets in various ways. But on an older van I'd guess that won't have much effect.

But prediction is hard... especially about the future (apols to Niels Bohr). And no-one but you can judge how much you'd give up money-wise not to be without a van for the summer season.

Best of luck whatever you decide.

Only one only one way to find out will be to advertise and see I guess. Registering RHD in Spain just has too many downsides and with a moving date set, I will hope someone else can have a good summer with our van.

I've bought and sold Calis at various times incl at possibly some of the worst times (ie buy July, sell Sep) but IME it makes little difference - the right van at the right price should sell very quickly, many go within a day if priced right. If you've made a decision simply get shot ASAP is my motto and invest the cash.

we are still getting lots of enquires from the classifieds

Back