Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Best way to contact customer services?

S

savoyad

Vehicle
Just browsing
Can anyone provide the best way to contact VW Customer Services?

I had a bit of a nightmare at a local VW dealer today, lots of things all adding up to a really bad experience (things went wrong last night at online checkin, this morning at drop off, and again this evening on collection). I don't want to name and shame at the moment.

The most significant one was that a repair or replacement awning bracket on my beach, which I had booked in for repair under warranty, was refused under the warranty. The "California expert" had gone home by then, so I couldn't discuss it or get an explanation. Instead, they gave me a number to call, telling me it was the number for VW customer services.... but they actually just wrote down the Roadside Assistance number 0800 777192 which is obviously not right.

I'd rather email, but a phone number or address would do. The whole appointment was awful, a catalogue of weird errors and mistakes, but I'd like to focus on the awning warranty seeing as that's a tangible problem that needs fixing. So whatever contact details is best for that.

Can anyone provide the best way to contact VW Customer Services?

I had a bit of a nightmare at a local VW dealer today, lots of things all adding up to a really bad experience (things went wrong last night at online checkin, this morning at drop off, and again this evening on collection). I don't want to name and shame at the moment.

The most significant one was that a repair or replacement awning bracket on my beach, which I had booked in for repair under warranty, was refused under the warranty. The "California expert" had gone home by then, so I couldn't discuss it or get an explanation. Instead, they gave me a number to call, telling me it was the number for VW customer services.... but they actually just wrote down the Roadside Assistance number 0800 777192 which is obviously not right.

I'd rather email, but a phone number or address would do. The whole appointment was awful, a catalogue of weird errors and mistakes, but I'd like to focus on the awning warranty seeing as that's a tangible problem that needs fixing. So whatever contact details is best for that.

Thank you! The website, although obvious, wasn't my first instinct when the humans in the garage were already giving out faulty info. I trust you lot more.
Anyway, they directed me to the equivalent page for vans, and the live chat on that one gave me the contact details I needed: the email address is customercare@vwcv.co.uk

The whole appointment was awful, a catalogue of weird errors and mistakes, but I'd like to focus on the awning warranty seeing as that's a tangible problem that needs fixing. So whatever contact details is best for that.
Sounds about right for VW the first place I used to service our old van, they actually broke more than they fixed on one occasion.

My limited experience of VW Commercial warranty claims is that the dealers first line of defence is often to say that what ever it is "it isn't covered". Having been told that, I would expect that most people would pay up especially if the vehicle concerned is a company owned or leased commercial vehicle. Since the majority of the VW service department's work is going to be commercial vehicles that are required back at work asap it's probably a cost effective tactic.

It also stands to reason that any service department would have to make a healthy profit for the franchise otherwise the service dept manager would be on his bike. If that's true then any warranty claim that they carry out that VW refuse to cover will effect their profit margin. In the last few years I have made several warranty claims and in each case I was initially told it wasn't a warranty issue.

So if you get told this always stand your ground and quote the warrantyT&Cs. If that fails always take the matter to VW Customer Services and again stand your ground. The terms of both the VW manufacturers and extended warrantys are quite clear so don't allow yourself to be fobbed off.
In the first instance I have always telephoned and followed up with a comprehensive Email. Arguing has resulted in every claim bar one being met. The one that wasn't involved a substandard part (VW centre cap from a wheel that had delaminated). VW Customer Services said it wasn't covered as it was a wear and tear item. After asking them to explain how that could possibly be so they couldn't or wouldn't supply an answer. They just said it was policy but agreed to cover the cost as a goodwill gesture. I know it wasn't a costly item in that instance but there is a principal at stake here.

These are my impressions and thoughts based on my experience which may vary from dealer to dealer. They may not operate like this in practise but that certainly is the way it seems to work to me.

Last edited:
Back