Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Bi-color Cali ordered

Tony Beretta

Tony Beretta

Vehicle
T6 Cali On Order
Hi all, after many years thinking about it my new California is coming. It is a Coast Edition with a few extras like the stationary heating and outside shower. A few days after ordering it in grey me and mostly my wife decided to change color and this is how it should look when I receive it.

Screen Shot 2016-07-25 at 21.02.25.png

Screen Shot 2016-07-25 at 21.01.42.png

Just rub it in that us Brits just get a range of unexciting single colours!
Only jealous :D
(We don't get the Coast edition either).

Thanks Stoneybroke! Yes, I am a Spaniard living in Luxembourg. You can not choose these colors in Spain either, nor the Coast.
The down part is that the wait might last up to 10 months!!! Way too long.:(

Thanks Peter. It is original VW factory paint.
I love the north of Belgium so you will surely see it coming and going.

Thanks Peter. It is original VW factory paint.
I love the north of Belgium so you will surely see it coming and going.
Ok Tony
I live on the coast so many campers around here.
Im shore yours will stick out as a goldfish in a school of hering....;)
A dealer over here had a red-white one in the showing room ,mind you it was a caravelle , not a California
It was also a real eye catcher..
upload_2016-7-26_11-10-17.png

Thanks hotel california! I am assuming a risk since I have not seen another one like it before. But.. my other car is a nine year old black color Wrangler. Every time I cross a yellow, orange pitachio green or whatever color one I regret I got such a boring color.
This is not a car/vehicle for me. It is a tool for fun and it should look like it.
For sure I would not get it like this if I was going to use it for work or other formal activities.
I read about the costs of insurance in your post. I am expecting a plus. I hope it is not that much. I will let you know. It reminds me of the Polo Arlequin... I heard at that time that the insurance cost was crazy.
Polo arlequin.jpg

We are still mulling over the colour for our new T6. Fortunately, (or not) the rubbish exchange rate is delaying our order going in. We have looked at the blue/silver split but we are now hedging towards the mojave beige metallic with some black highlights at a later date. Just about everything here in Spain is an optional extra on the Beach so I am adding the goodies as I go along.

Thanks Stoneybroke! Yes, I am a Spaniard living in Luxembourg. You can not choose these colors in Spain either, nor the Coast.
The down part is that the wait might last up to 10 months!!! Way too long.:(
You can choose the split colours in Spain, but the models are only available in Ocean & Beach.

I might be wrong then ChrisB. I thought that the only bicolor option available in Spain was the red&white one.

I might be wrong then ChrisB. I thought that the only bicolor option available in Spain was the red&white one.
Tony,
Go to the VW comerciales website (Spanish) go onto the configurator and when you get to colores scroll onto page 2 and that's where the bicolour options are. Mojave beige & candy white, light blue metallic and reflex silver, red & white, and bambusal (green) and white. I am not sure whether I will go for any of them though.

I was tempted too to get a bi-color one but plain white leaves many options open for wrapping. Thinking orange on the bottom at some stage if my countrymen qualify for the world cup this year.....afterall as a dutchman orange is the only colour allowed.

Am going to have the top half of our new red Ocean wrapped in white, but we still can't buy the nice alloys over here. :(

Am going to have the top half of our new red Ocean wrapped in white, but we still can't buy the nice alloys over here. :(
The retro alloys are available in Spain but they are 2350 euros + VAT . Theoretically
you could order them and have them shipped to the UK, but they are expensive.

I was tempted too to get a bi-color one but plain white leaves many options open for wrapping. Thinking orange on the bottom at some stage if my countrymen qualify for the world cup this year.....afterall as a dutchman orange is the only colour allowed.
They have knocked off the red/white option from the bi-colour range here in Spain.

Ok Tony
I live on the coast so many campers around here.
Im shore yours will stick out as a goldfish in a school of hering....;)
A dealer over here had a red-white one in the showing room ,mind you it was a caravelle , not a California
It was also a real eye catcher..
View attachment 15359
Lookers in Newcastle have a red and white caravelle in the showroom, the bottom half is a red vinyl wrap and not paint so I think UK owners could recreate the look themselves, the retro alloys must also be available in the UK to complete the look.

Vanmarr, I was tempted to do what you are talking about. I even asked a Spanish company for the cost of imitating the look of the vw original. It was around 800 euros.

Maybe they did that on the show unit but I am quite sure is not the factory finish. It says paint in the budget description.

Hi all, after many years thinking about it my new California is coming. It is a Coast Edition with a few extras like the stationary heating and outside shower. A few days after ordering it in grey me and mostly my wife decided to change color and this is how it should look when I receive it.

View attachment 15357

View attachment 15358

I think that looks great, especially with the steels.
I wish we had more choice in GB

Thanks soulstyledevon! I have my doubts about how I will feel with it so I appreciate these kind of comments.

I had the two tone Caravelle on loan last month and wasn't too sure at first. But it grew on me and I ended up quite liking it.
It was a real head turner, lots of comments. It's something different on the road and I quite like that.
Campers should be fun too and having something not to conservative is really nice

Back