Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Bicycle carrier - which one to choose?

Tuco

Tuco

Vehicle
T6 Coast 150 4Motion
Which bike carrier is the best for the Cali T6? From what I was able to determine are two models available? Does fixing the boot do not damage the paint?

Which bike carrier is the best for the Cali T6? From what I was able to determine are two models available? Does fixing the boot do not damage the paint?

Think it’s the T6 version unless you have electric opening door which is unlikely. By electric I don’t mean the electric lock closer. I’m away to buy and I believe there are pieces of protective film to put on the door before fitting. Hope that helps. Ps I was told T6 version won’t fit if you have a spoiler protruding from top of door.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a lot of information available on the forum with regard to T6 racks if you do a search, but to sum it up, if you do lots of biking and carry heavier bikes "Quasimodo, the ugly one" designed by a scaffolder, is probably the best.
If you just do occasional biking or just take bikes on holiday," Kylie" is up to the job, and looks like it was actually designed to fit on the back of T6.
Do your search you'll see the part numbers available in there.

I have the original VW carrier on my T5 you will see loads for sale at outrageous prices circa £450.00. some will be missing the keys or the 4th bike bar, but still command that sort of price. However they are secondhand and IMHO over priced. I waited until my bus was in for a service and simply asked for a discount. I got my carrier with all accessories and more importantly a warranty at a great price.

The carrier fits to the van with film paintwork protectors. They work well if you take your time fitting them. The only real issue with the VW unit is it's not locked on the van. At the price it commands it can attract a scallywag that is determined to remove it. It's not easy and you would need an Alan key, but it can be done.

The carrier sits quite high on the bus. I'm 5' 8" and I need a box or steps when loading to be comfortable. It looks great on the waggon and although its not perfect I really like it.

So with all that in mind I'd say the T6 VW product is likley to be the best option.

Last edited:
If you spec your order when buying a new Cali with a dealer fit VW bike it will be covered with a full term warranty, 3 years, or 6 years if you have taken out the VW Extended Warranty. If you have it retro fitted it will only have 1 year warranty.

In fact, I found a lot of threads about bike carriers. We are currently having holidays so I will have a spare time to read..., thank you for your help.

Back