Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Bicycle cover?

Pete M

Pete M

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Thinking of buying a fabric/elasticated cover for the bicycles on the tow bar mount as they get covered in diesel soot, does anyone know if it will solve the problem?

Thinking of buying a fabric/elasticated cover for the bicycles on the tow bar mount as they get covered in diesel soot, does anyone know if it will solve the problem?

Hi Pete M
I have one from thule (2-3 bikes depending on the bars) and I never used it. I guess it is a great thing to protect them although it doesn't cover the bottom.

Sounds odd, getting covered in diesel soot from a 2014 Cali. Mine don't on my tow bar mounted rack.

Maybe an indicator of a possible problem with the emissions? Still under warranty so worth a chat with the dealer.

A cover would also get diesel soot on it and wouldn't be very pleasant to store away ... also as the exhaust comes from below it would get inside the cover.

Cheers folks :)
I may have over egged the pudding a little but after a trip to Switzerland and back (1500 miles) a week ago the bikes looked rather dull and when I wiped them over there was black residue on the damp cloth.

I've got to go to the dealer this afternoon so I'll have a word.
Thanks for the linky.

Back