Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Big black net

Old Sid

Old Sid

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Okay, so when we got our California, it included a big black net. It's stiffened along one edge, has two press studs on the opposite edge and each corner has a long strap with a hook on the end. What's that all about then?
There're also some small poly bags with black plastic 'things'. No idea what they're for. Any ideas (clean ones)?

The black net is your child safety net it attaches at the end of the upstairs bed to stop kiddies falling out. The plastic bag of plastic bits sounds like your emergency roof tie down kit

Okay, so when we got our California, it included a big black net. It's stiffened along one edge, has two press studs on the opposite edge and each corner has a long strap with a hook on the end. What's that all about then?
There're also some small poly bags with black plastic 'things'. No idea what they're for. Any ideas (clean ones)?
Child net for the upper bed. To stop the little ones falling out. All in the Handbook. Emergency Roof tie down kit.

Child safety net for preventing childeren fall out from above bed....

Edit:
Damn , all three above at the same time....:D

Watching "Disappeared " on BBC4 catchup. In French so have to read subtitles.

Also one of the short black straps you get is for holding the table up when it's positioned over the bench seat , to give you some prep space when cooking.

(If anyone 's already said that on this thread then sorry but I've just come back from a very long lunch and I can either type or scroll, not both, okay...?)

Also one of the short black straps you get is for holding the table up when it's positioned over the bench seat , to give you some prep space when cooking.

(If anyone 's already said that on this thread then sorry but I've just come back from a very long lunch and I can either type or scroll, not both, okay...?)
Forgot about that strap. It hooks over the rear headrest and clips onto the sliding table.

Brilliant! Thanks. I've put the net in the shed.
I've read quite a lot of the hand book and doing so seems to cure insomnia.
Black plastic slidey bits. They look like they could be about fixing something down. I'll look more closely. Is this in case the mechanism that holds the roof down decides not to function?
There are some other plastic bits that vaguely look like parts of a cup holder.

Finally, as we travel on ferries too much, pressing 'lock' twice on the remote key locks the doors without setting the tow-away alarm. Is that right?

Thanks for all the help. I'm sure there will be more questions.

Finally, as we travel on ferries too much, pressing 'lock' twice on the remote key locks the doors without setting the tow-away alarm. Is that right?

It does on mine. Cannot see that yours should be any different. Try it out with you inside.

Table strap eh? I'll look for that.
Thanks. :)

It does on mine. Cannot see that yours should be any different. Try it out with you inside.

Thanks. That's another one solved.

I still need to solve locking the spare wheel. I expect there's a thread on that.

Black plastic slidey bits. They look like they could be about fixing something down. I'll look more closely. Is this in case the mechanism that holds the roof down decides not to function?

Some folks use the net to stop pillows falling down the access hatch. But I reckon it'd be a pain to clamber over or to keep re-fixing so mine is also in the shed. I close the hatch cover about six inches when we are tucked up which seems to be enough to catch the pillows if they slip.

Okay. Thanks everyone.
- Spare wheel lock and red thing purchased (https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/shop/product-category/spare-wheel-theft-protection) and fitted.
- Bungee fitted around lifting roof canvas. Excellent!
- Two adaptors found for the inverter 240v socket. USB one from Cali Club and one that fits my mains camera charger (eBay).
Just need to continue to investigate the intricacies of how the navigation system works with phone internet connection.

Okay. Thanks everyone.
- Spare wheel lock and red thing purchased (https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/shop/product-category/spare-wheel-theft-protection) and fitted.
- Bungee fitted around lifting roof canvas. Excellent!
- Two adaptors found for the inverter 240v socket. USB one from Cali Club and one that fits my mains camera charger (eBay).
Just need to continue to investigate the intricacies of how the navigation system works with phone internet connection.
When you find out can you tell us as still trying to work it all out

I am not sure you are right about the alarm Old Sid.
Two clicks on the key undoes the safelock mechanism,so you can open the doors from the inside when locked. The alarms are still active.
To turn them off, you need to open the front door and take the key out of the ignition. You then press the alarm button, that is to your left, on the pillar, as you look in the drives door. It will be lit up.
You press it , shut the door and lock with one click.
That alarm is off..until you unlock the van, next time you lock the alarm is on again.
It is all on page 57 of my 2015 manual
If you lock the van from the inside, with the button on the door, the alarm is off....useful at night some places.

I am not sure you are right about the alarm Old Sid.
Two clicks on the key undoes the safelock mechanism,so you can open the doors from the inside when locked. The alarms are still active.
To turn them off, you need to open the front door and take the key out of the ignition. You then press the alarm button, that is to your left, on the pillar, as you look in the drives door. It will be lit up.
You press it , shut the door and lock with one click.
That alarm is off..until you unlock the van, next time you lock the alarm is on again.
It is all on page 57 of my 2015 manual
If you lock the van from the inside, with the button on the door, the alarm is off....useful at night some places.
Sorry, but that is not quit correct. I've just re-read the manual which as clear as mud. so I tried it out.
Click Lock on the remote once while inside - wait 30 secs and wave hand in front of Control Panel. Alarm sounds.

Click the Lock function twice. Double clunk from doors. Wait 30 secs until red alarm light starts flashing. No amount of movement inside triggers the alarm.

Not all models/years seem to have this function. Mine does.

Sorry, but that is not quit correct. I've just re-read the manual which as clear as mud. so I tried it out.
Click Lock on the remote once while inside - wait 30 secs and wave hand in front of Control Panel. Alarm sounds.

Click the Lock function twice. Double clunk from doors. Wait 30 secs until red alarm light starts flashing. No amount of movement inside triggers the alarm.

Not all models/years seem to have this function. Mine does.
I have been out , jumping up and down, and making all sorts of noise.
And you are right Welsh gas.......sort of.
One push on the key, and alarm sounds after 30 mins
Two pushes on mine doesn't always make the doors clunk....perhaps a low battery....but when I get the extra clunk, and the locks rise a little, presumably removing safelock....then no alarm, even with crazy jumping.
The alarm does sound if you open the door
To add to the senarios
If you open front door, take key out, and push the pillar button, which turns yellow
Then you can single lock...so safelock on, ...and no alarm jumping, but alarm if you open a door from the inside
Final senario is to lock using the button on the door
Then no alarm, and you can open from the inside, with no alarm, but not from the outside....
So thanks Welsh Gas, I think I understand it. You need to go and play Old Sid
And I need to change my remote batteries

Back