Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Bike racks for new Coast

ChalkyC

ChalkyC

Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
Hi - does anyone know if there’s any practical difference between the Thule Wanderway with the 4 bike extension and the VW tailgate bike rack - other than the fact the VW one has 4 fixed rails?

I bought the wanderway believing them to be the same but now I realise it’s more expensive…wondering if I’ve been spun a line and I should have just got the VW one (made by Thule though I understand??!).

Hi - does anyone know if there’s any practical difference between the Thule Wanderway with the 4 bike extension and the VW tailgate bike rack - other than the fact the VW one has 4 fixed rails?

I bought the wanderway believing them to be the same but now I realise it’s more expensive…wondering if I’ve been spun a line and I should have just got the VW one (made by Thule though I understand??!).

Im intersted in the answer to this too. All I can see is the mounting legs are in black on the Thule branded model. Since I want a black one, this could be irrelevant for me and I think the Thule branded ones are cheaper....

Hoping this gets bumped to the 'new posts' lists

The bike fixings on the thule are better ratchet type
Excellent, good spot. Any other, however minor, differences? The frame looks identical (just the powder coat on the thule)..

Im intersted in the answer to this too. All I can see is the mounting legs are in black on the Thule branded model. Since I want a black one, this could be irrelevant for me and I think the Thule branded ones are cheaper....

Hoping this gets bumped to the 'new posts' lists
Thule are releasing an all black Wanderway in early March for a very similar price to the regular black/silver one, might be of interest.

IMG_0078.jpeg

IMG_0076.jpeg

IMG_0077.jpeg

Last edited:
Back