Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Bilstein B14's, H&R anti roll bars and 20" wheels

cal-ian

cal-ian

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
I know this is not everybody's cup of tea but for me personally it needed doing.

Went to see Oli at Bognor Motors and got the B14's plus H&R anti roll bars fitted along with a set of 20" OZ wheels, have to say I'm delighted with the result.

Oli let me have a drive of his demo Caravelle when I arrived with pretty much the same spec and I was very impressed, the cornering ability now is amazing for a big van and with very little to no trade off in ride quality. Yes it feels the bumps a little more and speed bumps need treating with respect but this set up is by no means uncomfortable.

Gone is the dreadful body roll through roundabouts which was driving me mad.

The service at Bognor is second to none and Oli loves his VW Van's, was a pleasure to deal with them.

Like I said, I know this won't be for everyone but wanted to share in case somebody is thinking about it, always happy to answer any questions.

Ian

IMG-20190816-WA0020.jpg

IMG-20190816-WA0015.jpg

IMG-20190816-WA0011.jpg

IMG-20190816-WA0009.jpg

Last edited:
How much was it all of you don’t mind me asking
I'll find the invoice (currently hidden from wife) and PM you to let you know, wheels were a bit top end and cost more than was really needed but the B14's aren't too bad at all.

@cal-ian I bought the Billi B14's within a month of owning our Cali as I hated the wallowing drive. Left and right immediately felt like port and starboard! Unfortunately fitting them would have invalidated our warranty so they're currently in the garage. The moment my warranty expires, they're going on! I'm currently running the 30mm drop springs with 20" wheels. Handling is certainly better but not as good as it will be.

Yours looks lovely by the way

Looks great. Didn’t know you could get those oz’s with the correct load rating for the cali!

@cal-ian I bought the Billi B14's within a month of owning our Cali as I hated the wallowing drive. Left and right immediately felt like port and starboard! Unfortunately fitting them would have invalidated our warranty so they're currently in the garage. The moment my warranty expires, they're going on! I'm currently running the 30mm drop springs with 20" wheels. Handling is certainly better but not as good as it will be.

Yours looks lovely by the way
You'll love it I'm sure do you have long to wait?

Lol TWO YEARS!!!
I did have a bit of a debate with myself regarding the warranty but in the end just cracked on, couldn't deal with that roll anymore!! And have also noticed that my local dealer are now fitting 20's to their Van's so that's one less worry.

Back