Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Bip and Go vs Liber-t tags

Lost Boy

Lost Boy

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
I'm hopefully off to Europe soon and having historically has a Sanef tag using the French site (now apparently not allowed for UK residents) I was looking into a new one. The costs using the UK site with a fixed annual charge etc seem like quite alot (even with the link on another thread that gives a 5Euro discount) when you compare it with Bip and Go, where the monthly charge is only a 1/3 of the Sanef one and there is no annual charge, it also seems to be able to be used in Spain (albeit for an extra monthly charge).

I'm erring towards the Bip and Go one as it will only be for occasional use, anyone got any experience of Bip and Go or can offer a perspective?

Thanks

Links to both
https://www.saneftolling.co.uk/support/faq
https://www.bipandgo.com/en/nos-offres/a-la-carte

Same for both but no annual fee for Bip and Go... And 1.70 a month for Bip and Go vs 5 a month for Sanef, just wondering if there is anything else I'm missing?

I did a trip to Morocco April/May this year. Whereas the tag for France would have been useful, I only paid once in Spain at the border. I went via Madrid to Algeciras and returned via Salamanca. All good roads. I guess in holiday season the roads in Spain are more crowded. Furthermore you have good restaurant/Parkings every 20 km or so.

We have the Sanef one, wouldn't be without it. The fee is actually €6 per year + €5 per month that its used up to a maximum of 2 months So the maximum charge per year would be €16

The Bip & Go one could be €1.7 x 12 months so €20.40 per year

Cover in Spain for Bip & Go would be useful for us - it depends if you go that far south.

We've had Sanef for over 3 years & never had an issue with them, the bill seems to come in about 6 weeks after the end of a trip.

We have the Sanef one, wouldn't be without it. The fee is actually €6 per year + €5 per month that its used up to a maximum of 2 months So the maximum charge per year would be €16

The Bip & Go one could be €1.7 x 12 months so €20.40 per year

Cover in Spain for Bip & Go would be useful for us - it depends if you go that far south.

We've had Sanef for over 3 years & never had an issue with them, the bill seems to come in about 6 weeks after the end of a trip.

Bip and Go is only chargeable in the months you use it, so potentially as low as 1.7 euro if onlly travelling in one month. Good to know that you haven't had any issues.

Anyone have a Bip & Go? Looks like if you refer someone with your code we get 4 euro each?

Bip&Go works in France and Spain. A no-brainer!
Would be if you could buy one in the UK.

The Bip & Go website reroutes UK customers to the Sanef UK site where you have to buy two tags, one for France and another for Spain and Portugal.

Alan

The Bip & Go website reroutes UK customers to the Sanef UK site where you have to buy two tags, one for France and another for Spain and Portugal.

Alan

Are you sure? I ordered one last month from Bip and Go and cost me 20 Euro inc delivery for use in Spain & France

Alan
Just ignore the link that takes you to the 'special UK dedicated site' and select international shipping for €10 instead of French shipping for €6.

We have stopped using ours due the bad exchange rate they give you when they convert the tolls from Euro to GBP, some transactions we were paying around 6% more for each toll. It does not sound much but when you use it a lot those fee's mount up over the course of the year.

Just ignore the link that takes you to the 'special UK dedicated site' and select international shipping for €10 instead of French shipping for €6.
I tried that but I couldn't enter a UK phone number and when I went to the shipping address the site rerouted me to the Sanef site.

I do have an account at Sanef so can add the Spainish tag easily enough.

Alan

I tried that but I couldn't enter a UK phone number and when I went to the shipping address the site rerouted me to the Sanef site.

I do have an account at Sanef so can add the Spainish tag easily enough.

Alan
I just tried to see if you can get Bip&Go to bill direct to a card in Euros, but it seems that they have now made it impossible to subscribe with a UK mobile/address as you say.

I'm fortunate enough to have an address and bank account in France so I can avoid the SANEF UK site and just get billed in Euros.

So my telepeage tag is from APRR (actually from the Millau viaduct bit of APRR because that gives me a discount on crossing the viaduct).

I think that you can order a tag (for France only) from the APRR website here, bill it direct to a card and have it sent to an address in the UK. The site is in French, but Chrome does a good translation. Just set the country to Grande Bretagne and fill in the details.

As I said, this is for a French tag, but I'm guessing that as long as you choose the right card to bill to, you will get the very good Visa/Mastercard exchange rates. Just don't choose to bill to a direct debit card that charges a ridiculous fee for foreign currency transactions.

Back