Birmingham NEC

Soton Campers

Soton Campers

Southampton Campers
VIP Member
Trade Advertiser
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Can anyone confirm a positive sighting of the California T6.1 at the Birmingham NEC? I'm hearing that it's actually not going to make appearance after all and will just be the T6.

Also found out that we won't be getting the new beach
Shame as I might have considered it as my next replacement.

Did you go and see it wasn’t there today ?

Last edited:
It was on the list to look at, VW do know how to continually let customers down. What's the point of showing a model no longer available? They have them in Germany and would have been easy to get one to the show even a LHD.
It looks bad in my book but there you go.

My books as well, you just couldn't make it up,
imagine Ferrari going to Geneva with a no longer available to order car
and the new one is out :headbang
or worse!

Going to a wine event with an empty bottle :shocked

If anybody is still thinking of going to the NEC, I've got an email giving me 2 free tickets. If anybody wants them, drop me a message with your email and i’ll forward it on.

If anybody is still thinking of going to the NEC, I've got an email giving me 2 free tickets. If anybody wants them, drop me a message with your email and i’ll forward it on.
now gone.

I decided against going as soon as VW told me the 6.1 was not going to be there...lets see what Feb NEC one has...
I hear Vanworx has a new Crafter those looking at the Grand will want to check out!

I looked at that, assuming you mean the 4x4 one, 100k
It's no alternative to the grand.

I decided against going as soon as VW told me the 6.1 was not going to be there...lets see what Feb NEC one has...
I hear Vanworx has a new Crafter those looking at the Grand will want to check out!
Van worx bought an old work van t5 off me a few years back and converted it into a day van, and sold it for loads.
It had a hard life as an electricians van (carrying tools and storage heaters etc), I bet they didn’t tell the person who bought it that!

The 6.1 Cali at the NEC?
I was told today that all the "Prototype press cars are in Canada" for the launch there.
Cali's for sale in North America again.........?
Why are they showing a Cali you can no longer order........ah! They have an answer for that. They still have a few stock items available.......ooooooo! Is that an opportunity for big discounts and dealer fit options.....

The 6.1 Cali at the NEC?
I was told today that all the "Prototype press cars are in Canada" for the launch there.
Why are they showing a Cali you can no longer order........ah! They have an answer for that. They still have a few stock items available.......ooooooo! Is that an opportunity for big discounts and dealer fit options.....

They are not for sale in Canada but transported overthere for some test days , @Kmann should now more about this as he was one of the lucky ones who could join....

It's a shame the T6.1 is not on display at your UK show , guess they are concentrating on the mainland first , delivery times wil be long also as they at least needed to stop the building proces for a while and need to get rid of the old stock first....
I've seen it at Dusseldorf show and there are some nice new features but nothing that important to make me change from my good old T5.
The way i see it , i will be holding on my T5 until i change to a whole new concept , probally not a California ....

Last edited:
6.1 configurator is live though..... At least VW got pricing in time for the show

Are there many T6s left? There was a rush of folk offering good deals 3 weeks ago, and they got snapped up quickly. I was assuming the stock of pre built was very low.

The 6.1 Cali at the NEC?
VW were offering a free cycle carrier for ‘in stock’ vehicles. Deal of the century.
I was very disappointed not to see the new model, considering we are hoping to make a purchase next year.
No point in moaning at the booth staff though - it must be embarrassing for them to pitch a vehicle which is being withdrawn and you can’t order.
We heard that you won’t be able to buy a RHD Westfalia conversion (of present LWB platform) next year either because the factory will only be building LHD models.
The show was good otherwise. Well run, not too busy, ‘free’ parking, booth staff still energised (maybe not for much too longer..).

VW were offering a free cycle carrier for ‘in stock’ vehicles. Deal of the century.
I was very disappointed not to see the new model, considering we are hoping to make a purchase next year.
No point in moaning at the booth staff though - it must be embarrassing for them to pitch a vehicle which is being withdrawn and you can’t order.
We heard that you won’t be able to buy a RHD Westfalia conversion (of present LWB platform) next year either because the factory will only be building LHD models.
The show was good otherwise. Well run, not too busy, ‘free’ parking, booth staff still energised (maybe not for much too longer..).

I guess that means no 6.1 Westfalia keplers then anytime soon

Back