Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Bitching

Why is there so much bitching on this forum nowadays, it never used to be like this .

We seem to have a lot of keyboard warriors on here as I am sure these sort of discussions would never happen at club meets ?
Because the “Moderators” are no longer moderating.
The T6 and T4/5 Forums, even the Marco Polo Forum has more interesting threads and they keep on topic.

Yes, it’s so very tiresome. When this forum started in I think late 2011/12, there were only a few of us at the start, and then and for years after it was a pleasant place all about our Cali’s.

it’s likely any woman who came here looking for a husband would be put off men for life after reading the constant bickering & point scoring. Joke !

I have recently started using the “ignore thread” button. All this bickering stuff gets an immediate “ignore”. Along with anything mentioning Coronavirus.

Frustration shows in various ways
Everyone is couped up and itching to get out.
Opinions are what make us a diverse group and is a positive

Learn to accept others points of view even if you don’t agree, choose to expercise self constraint, think before you post, is this likely to cause offence

Stay safe , stay happy, accept others views

Frustration shows in various ways
Everyone is couped up and itching to get out.
Opinions are what make us a diverse group and is a positive

Learn to accept others points of view even if you don’t agree, choose to expercise self constraint, think before you post, is this likely to cause offence

Stay safe , stay happy, accept others views
Thats fine but only if its relevant to the forum you are on

Why is there so much bitching on this forum nowadays, it never used to be like this .

We seem to have a lot of keyboard warriors on here as I am sure these sort of discussions would never happen at club meets ?

There is a lot of stress and tension everywhere.

This forum, as you say, was once one of the friendliest places I ever found on the internet. The moderation was very light-handed because it didn't need to be anything else and the direction and policy of this forum has always been to let threads flow, again no need very often to have to intervene in that.

Once we are back to the "new normal" and camping and travelling again then that friendliness will return.

With Brexit a special category was created, the sin-bin, and threads that just developed into a slanging match were dropped in there. With CV so we have a CV virus section and no need for anyone to go there if they don't want to. The "ignore forum" software works perfectly well.

Anywhere else, well, if we can't all grow up and be polite to each other then in my opinion their will have to be increased intervention.

My point is I choose not to involve myself in the “bitching” and bad vibes In Some posts, despite reading some.

The fact I choose to not post a response is key or add an inflammatory comment despite having my own opinion in many cases.

As far as Im Aware the forum is open to all, therefore you must accept the comments of all, whether you like them or not.

This forum is a great resource, recently and somewhat understandably there have been some inflammatory posts,
Is that not an extension of society and the overwhelming frustration some feel the need to vent.

I agree totally that this forum is primarily a Cali forum, take the political views to the political forums. brexit, now Cv19 has sent some over the edge.. I do not log on to read spats between various factions, I log on to read Cali related topics as I’m sure 99% of members do.

How do you stop personal views on an open forum?

Take the politics and venomous posts and put them in the “cocks” file where they belong

My point is I choose not to involve myself in the “bitching” and bad vibes In Some posts, despite reading some.

The fact I choose to not post a response is key or add an inflammatory comment despite having my own opinion in many cases.

As far as Im Aware the forum is open to all, therefore you must accept the comments of all, whether you like them or not.

This forum is a great resource, recently and somewhat understandably there have been some inflammatory posts,
Is that not an extension of society and the overwhelming frustration some feel the need to vent.

I agree totally that this forum is primarily a Cali forum, take the political views to the political forums. brexit, now Cv19 has sent some over the edge.. I do not log on to read spats between various factions, I log on to read Cali related topics as I’m sure 99% of members do.

How do you stop personal views on an open forum?

Take the politics and venomous posts and put them in the “cocks” file where they belong

I agree but the problem is that there are some, and there are very few of them, who choose to infect every thread possible making it very difficult to not respond.

I have been embroiled in more than one spat over the last 5 years but a fortnight ago gave up responding and only observed.

I saw a clear pattern of threads dying through to a lack of response to provocative posts only for the poster to stir up the same debate on other threads or starting new ones.

I believe that anyone doing this needs to be censored or the spirit of this forum will be damaged.

Mike

I think some people are looking for things they consider negative.
I don’t find the forum unfriendly?

Ive sat at much worst tables where it becomes uncomfortable to listen/read.

Its easy enough to scroll past or ignore a post if you so wish.

Personally, I wouldn’t block anyone, as I like to listen to differing point wether I agree or not.
Otherwise, what’s the point of a forum...?

I agree but the problem is that there are some, and there are very few of them, who choose to infect every thread possible making it very difficult to not respond.

I have been embroiled in more than one spat over the last 5 years but a fortnight ago gave up responding and only observed.

I saw a clear pattern of threads dying through to a lack of response to provocative posts only for the poster to stir up the same debate on other threads or starting new ones.

I believe that anyone doing this needs to be censored or the spirit of this forum will be damaged.

Mike
Is that not what moderators do ?
Provocation: show some restraint and constraint

moderators are directly involved in some of the spats which is counter intuitive.

If I disagree with someone face to face, I have my say, they have theirs, we choose not to agree what’s the difference? Other than others can read it and comment? Well come to the the new world we all participate in,
Keep it Cali peeps

Reposted from my post in "keeping it California":

Some of the same ones who were ruining this forum with insult filled personal attacks, even going so far as to make attacks based on perceived "social class" (thankfully deleted by moderators) are now piously running for cover saying how terrible all the negativity is. It has nothing to do with corona virus, they were doing it before on a wide selection of topics and it has created an atmosphere that has dragged many threads down to uselessness. I assume they will continue to do it even if this topic [corona virus] is banned.

I have to say that generally I have been able to ignore what would tend to make me reach boiling point!
However on a couple of occasions I haven't quite managed to maintain due equanimity, and have responded unnecessarily and rashly ... for which I profusely apologise :(

I have recently started using the “ignore thread” button. All this bickering stuff gets an immediate “ignore”. Along with anything mentioning Coronavirus.
I wasn't aware of the "ignore thread" button, works beautifully, thank you. Just added the "Cummings" thread to my (long) ignore list. I don't come to VWCC forum for all this nonsense, been far too much of it lately.

Thanks for letting me know there’s another one to ignore!

i don't come on this forum often and since I last posted it seems to have morphed into a political campaign forum with bitchy overtones. Can we get back to talking about Cali's, what's good about them, what's gone wrong with them , and what's this bit for Mister?

i don't come on this forum often and since I last posted it seems to have morphed into a political campaign forum with bitchy overtones. Can we get back to talking about Cali's, what's good about them, what's gone wrong with them , and what's this bit for Mister?
Whoever forced you to read all that stuff should
be named and shamed.
I don't agree at all to anyone being forced to read threads
that they disagree with.

Back