Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Blind jammed

Leeky

Leeky

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Please help, my blind on sliding door is well and truly jammed about 5 inches from top, pulled as hard as I can to try and make come down and it’s stuck, please help

Please help, my blind on sliding door is well and truly jammed about 5 inches from top, pulled as hard as I can to try and make come down and it’s stuck, please help
The metal strip/handle of the blind has a plastic, black on mine, insert in each end, just a push in fit, that fits around a wire that runs in the side slot on each side. Are these properly positioned or has one popped out and jammed on the wire?

Which vehicle and how old?

The slides on both side do go up and down, the blind itself is jammed, iv pulled with as much force as feel safe and it won’t budge

Have you tried holding the bottom plastic of the blind both sides, then sort of twist back and forth and pull. That worked on one of mine that got stuck some years ago.

Trying now
Nope
How does plastic trim around it come so can fix?

Trying now
Nope
How does plastic trim around it come so can fix?

-  -

part codetitle

Worried about taking plastic trim off to have a look

Trim tools are cheap to buy and make it easy to do without scratching any trim. I wouldn't try it with a screwdriver.
If you're not confident to do it I'd take to a dealer/local garage you trust.

Tried no success, going to use more force tomorrow, it seems to be stuck in middle, is lopsided by about an inch, I’m prepared to buy new and try for myself

I want to replace window blind in sliding door as it is well and truly jammed, it’s stuck about 4 inches down from top, not quite level... it will not budge, I’m trying to remove the plastic trim above with the lights in to replace blind, iv started tugging etc and nervous about snapping it, is it easy to remove? Or should I let Vw do the job? It’s 2015 se
PLEASE HELP

Sorry, yes just looked but dosnt really show any clips holding (37) part, or how easy to remove

Sorry, yes just looked but dosnt really show any clips holding (37) part, or how easy to remove
If it is jammed and you think there is no alternative but replacing, I would be inclined to get a piece of wood along the bottom blind pull strip and tap the end that is lowest, upwards to straighten the blind up. It might work and you don’t really have much to lose.

Place wood on metal strip and tap upwards? Not downwards to try release???

017AB008-9881-4AA9-BCD6-D1F8F64A4BBF.jpeg

It lifts up easy but won’t roll up, the blind seems jammed in middle

Many threads on people having issues with the roller blinds , guess the options are taking the trim of to investigate or bring it in @VW

It lifts up easy but won’t roll up, the blind seems jammed in middle
So both ends of the blind will go up?
Will they both go down?