Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Blow 30 amp fuse

glenn.skippings

glenn.skippings

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
I’ve got a 2012 SE TDI 4 Motion. I’ve just tried replacing a blow 30amp fuse under the LH seat for it blow again straight away. The annoying thing is I don’t know what it is for as there’s nothing notable that’s not working! I’ve marked it in the image, I know that these fuse boxes aren’t an exact science but if anyone can point me in the right direction I’d appreciate it. Thanks in advance.D35228C0-F6E7-4BE6-A206-D612CC104E21.jpeg

I’ve got a 2012 SE TDI 4 Motion. I’ve just tried replacing a blow 30amp fuse under the LH seat for it blow again straight away. The annoying thing is I don’t know what it is for as there’s nothing notable that’s not working! I’ve marked it in the image, I know that these fuse boxes aren’t an exact science but if anyone can point me in the right direction I’d appreciate it. Thanks in advance.View attachment 99911
This might help. Have you checked the Inverter on the B pillar.

CA99B20B-99EA-43B8-9919-9EA657F929B1.jpeg

Thanks for that. I’ll give it a go & see how I get on.
Got to the inverter, it’s toast. Any recommendations for a replacement, I’ve searched online no exact matches but those that are a close match to 7E0 907 155 just the first 3 digits are different & an extra one at the end. Don’t want to spend around £100 for a used one & it ends up wrong.

At least you found the cause of the blown fuse.

If cost is a consideration, do you actually need it?

Personally I can’t think of a time I’ve ever, and that’s EVER, needed a low power AC supply.
Doubtless dozens will say they wouldn’t leave home without it but, really? What are you going to do with 150w? Charge a phone?

If the 240v socket is wired via the inverter then just bypass it.
Only my opinion.

Got to the inverter, it’s toast. Any recommendations for a replacement, I’ve searched online no exact matches but those that are a close match to 7E0 907 155 just the first 3 digits are different & an extra one at the end. Don’t want to spend around £100 for a used one & it ends up wrong.
Do you need an Inverter?
If you do need one it might be better to get a “better” inverter, depending on your requirements.

The Part Number has been Upgraded. See here.A6FE3D71-FD07-47B4-AB7A-90D03F2F9737.pngB55FC3B5-F90F-4316-91FA-DB636AD9C3FF.jpeg

Back