Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Blowing a fuse over a blown fuse

M

Madzips

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 Beach
Hey folks

After plugging in 2 heaters and a kettle in to the internal electric hook-up power socket on my Early 2015 T5 Beach, no surprises that I have blown the fuse.. Trouble is, I cant find whcih one it is and all of the (excellent) resources I have found on this site, I cannot find any leisure battery fuse diagrams that match mine. So my hopefully simple question is, can anybody tell me which fuse I need to replace to get it working again.. Any help gratefully received. Thanks

There is a circuit breaker in the compartment that the jack is kept in. It is not easy to access but can be reached with a bit of groping around. It is easier to get to with the rear seat and multiflex pushed forward a bit.

Hey folks

After plugging in 2 heaters and a kettle in to the internal electric hook-up power socket on my Early 2015 T5 Beach, no surprises that I have blown the fuse.. Trouble is, I cant find whcih one it is and all of the (excellent) resources I have found on this site, I cannot find any leisure battery fuse diagrams that match mine. So my hopefully simple question is, can anybody tell me which fuse I need to replace to get it working again.. Any help gratefully received. Thanks
When you say the “ Internal Electric Hookup power socket “ do you mean the Mains Socket that is powered when the vehicle is plugged into the campsite or home Mains Circuit?
If so, there is No Fuse as it is a 230v Circuit .
Check the following.
There is a RCD Protection Switch On the Beach, if this was the VW fitted Mains Hookup.
It is located in the boot, behind the internal body panel where your vehicle jack is stored, I believe.
If that doesn’t work then you may have blown the Campsite electric supply to your pitch.

Rcd as said. Where 1st aid kit and Jack is. Get your arm up there

@Rich20 @WelshGas @flying banana - Thanks. Sure enough easily fixed... Not withstanding the complexities of getting round my slidepod...good my wrist is quite bendy... had a heated debate with the guy I bought it from that "mains in" would usually have an RCD, but he was having none of it, insisting there was a fuse.. Now... if you guys can find a way of stopping my teenage daughters from plugging in their heaters, hairdryers and straigtheners, well be set.... ;-) Thanks again.

@Rich20 @WelshGas @flying banana - Thanks. Sure enough easily fixed... Not withstanding the complexities of getting round my slidepod...good my wrist is quite bendy... had a heated debate with the guy I bought it from that "mains in" would usually have an RCD, but he was having none of it, insisting there was a fuse.. Now... if you guys can find a way of stopping my teenage daughters from plugging in their heaters, hairdryers and straigtheners, well be set.... ;-) Thanks again.
Scissors?;)