Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Bluetooth causing sim card error

cleve

cleve

VIP Member
Anyone else experienced a problem with sim card error when Bluetooth is connected ? It is happening on both our Android devices where the phone display suggests there is no signal or data connection but as soon as Bluetooth is disabled all phone functions return .

I can make and receive calls with no problem but only using the multi function steering wheel controls . It's a pain as it is affecting my data connection when using Google maps and if I'm within Bluetooth range in the house and have forgotten to disconnect the Bluetooth my phone connection is disabled but I don't always realise!

I called vw and they said they haven't come across this before but don't want to take it in to be looked at if it is something simple like settings that need changing .

I had a difficulty with my phone when trying to play music with bluetooth. It just wouldn't connect on the screen. The problem was that I had left a USB lead in the cars app connect socket and as soon as it was removed everything was back to normal. Just wondered if you may a similar cause to your problem.

Which stereo do you have cleve? Never had any issues with my older RNS 315.

Which stereo do you have cleve? Never had any issues with my older RNS 315.
It's the standard media unit with the larger screen in a new T6. The USB port for app connect seems to believe there is a phone attached if an otherwise unconnected lead is left in the socket. Remove the "empty" lead and everything returns to normal.

It's the standard media unit with the larger screen in a new T6. The USB port for app connect seems to believe there is a phone attached if an otherwise unconnected lead is left in the socket. Remove the "empty" lead and everything returns to normal.
Is it an iPhone cable? if so is it a genuine one?
I leave mine plugged in with no issues.

Is it an iPhone cable? if so is it a genuine one?
I leave mine plugged in with no issues.
Snap. Even with a cheapie iPhone lead. Only disconnects Bluetooth when I attach the phone.

Mike

Anyone else experienced a problem with sim card error when Bluetooth is connected ? It is happening on both our Android devices where the phone display suggests there is no signal or data connection but as soon as Bluetooth is disabled all phone functions return .

I can make and receive calls with no problem but only using the multi function steering wheel controls . It's a pain as it is affecting my data connection when using Google maps and if I'm within Bluetooth range in the house and have forgotten to disconnect the Bluetooth my phone connection is disabled but I don't always realise!

I called vw and they said they haven't come across this before but don't want to take it in to be looked at if it is something simple like settings that need changing .

It sounds like you may be connecting your Android phone using the rSAP bluetooth profile? If this is the case you willl not get data on the phone as it is effectively the same as taking the SIM out of the phone and putting in the phone module in the van.

If you want to use data and pair to the VW phone module you need to use the bluetooth 'hands free' profile. This option is either available at the time of pairing, or you may be able to change it in the multi-function display.

I had a difficulty with my phone when trying to play music with bluetooth. It just wouldn't connect on the screen. The problem was that I had left a USB lead in the cars app connect socket and as soon as it was removed everything was back to normal. Just wondered if you may a similar cause to your problem.
Yes, I found the same problem with bluetooth not connecting when a media cable was left in but this is the bluetooth disabling my phone functions with the bluetooth fully functional

It sounds like you may be connecting your Android phone using the rSAP bluetooth profile? If this is the case you willl not get data on the phone as it is effectively the same as taking the SIM out of the phone and putting in the phone module in the van.

If you want to use data and pair to the VW phone module you need to use the bluetooth 'hands free' profile. This option is either available at the time of pairing, or you may be able to change it in the multi-function display.
oh thanks, that sounds like just the answer I need. I just need to find the right settings now and hope that you're right. Fingers crossed :)

Back