Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Bodyshop Recommendations - Midlands/ North

G

gatvol

My 2011 California had its roof replaced by VW under the warranty a good few years back due to the infamous aluminium corrosion issue.

It now has ferrous corrosion. Quite possibly as a result of poor workmanship when the roof was replaced by VW's approved bodyshop.

Could someone please recommend a bodyshop that understands the california roof and that can undertake this kind of repair properly.

Thank you

20200920_143211.jpg

My 2011 California had its roof replaced by VW under the warranty a good few years back due to the infamous aluminium corrosion issue.

It now has ferrous corrosion. Quite possibly as a result of poor workmanship when the roof was replaced by VW's approved bodyshop.

Could someone please recommend a bodyshop that understands the california roof and that can undertake this kind of repair properly.

Thank you

View attachment 66574
No help from me for UK bodyshops, but can you try to pull off the end cap of the awning rail? If the rust (this is rust on the main body of the van!!) is coming from underneath the front spoiler (has it been replaced or sprayed?) due to the work done for the corrosion repair, there must be a warranty of several years for corrosion after a body repair.

Back