Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Bog in a Bag

Zizzy

Zizzy

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
I'm not sure whether this is in the spirit of this thread as it is at the extreme end of the portable spectrum, but the Bog in a Bag saved my life at the Belgian Grand Prix camping last year. It's a strong, lightweight, folding three-legged stool with a strong fabric seat with a large velcro flap covering an ample bum-sized hole!

We don't wild camp (or haven't yet) so we always use the facilities at camp sites and haven't bothered with a proper portable loo. However I bought this for emergencies and it lives in the van. It was stable enough in the bedroom of the Kela awning on rough ground with long grass in the lumpy field, and while it does feel weird, it is comfortable, and once you trust it, the weird swiftly changes to undying gratitude. The custom bags fit neatly over the entire seat and drop down into the hole with an absorbent pad at the bottom, so hygiene isn't an issue. You then just tie a knot in the bag and gleefully hoy it over the side of the skip.
Bog in a Bag.jpg

I'm not sure whether this is in the spirit of this thread as it is at the extreme end of the portable spectrum, but the Bog in a Bag saved my life at the Belgian Grand Prix camping last year. It's a strong, lightweight, folding three-legged stool with a strong fabric seat with a large velcro flap covering an ample bum-sized hole!

We don't wild camp (or haven't yet) so we always use the facilities at camp sites and haven't bothered with a proper portable loo. However I bought this for emergencies and it lives in the van. It was stable enough in the bedroom of the Kela awning on rough ground with long grass in the lumpy field, and while it does feel weird, it is comfortable, and once you trust it, the weird swiftly changes to undying gratitude. The custom bags fit neatly over the entire seat and drop down into the hole with an absorbent pad at the bottom, so hygiene isn't an issue. You then just tie a knot in the bag and gleefully hoy it over the side of the skip.
View attachment 15893
Blimey! Isn't it a bit wobbly in use?

@Zizzy , you are playing with fire !!!
;)

Portable toilets are a very well spoken issue on the forum.
Giving hefty discussions.
https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/toilets-and-portaloos.13487/

Not gonna start it here but i prefer something else.
It's wierd enough cleaning up afther my dog with a plastic bag , so walking to the litter with a bag of my own sh@t would probally feel much worse.

@Zizzy , you are playing with fire !!!
;)

Portable toilets are a very well spoken issue on the forum.
Giving hefty discussions.
https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/toilets-and-portaloos.13487/

Not gonna start it here but i prefer something else.
It's wierd enough cleaning up afther my dog with a plastic bag , so walking to the litter with a bag of my own sh@t would probally feel much worse.

Ha! You're not wrong, particularly when it's warm [shudder!]. However it beats sliding around in other people's sing and wee wee in a Portaloo from Hell.

I use bog-in-a-bag for those inconvenient moments.

It really does work very well.