Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Boiler Not Working

T

Twinw

Vehicle
Grand California 600
I have a new VW Grande 600 and have never been able to get boiler to work.
Have read instruction manual and have watched Californian Chris' instructions but no success.
The gas symbol on display is flashing on display.
The gas hob is working and both shut off valves are on.
Any assistance would be appreciated.

Where are you based, it may be someone is close and can assist? After resetting my electrics I had to update the boiler dcinteol with time and fuel source to get it working

It would be worth noting whether you have the diesel heater option also as this may change things.
After resetting electrics I had to update the boiler control with time and fuel source to get it working

Have read instruction manual and have watched Californian Chris' instructions but no success.
Check for an error code within the wee door under the double seat probably needs resetting look it up in the Truma instructions.

We had a similar problem this week in our first outing in our 680. We had the error code E517 on the panel inside the "wee door". It just needed to be reset by pushing the rotary push button twice on the Truma control panel
John

We had a similar problem this week in our first outing in our 680. We had the error code E517 on the panel inside the "wee door". It just needed to be reset by pushing the rotary push button twice on the Truma control panel
John
Thanks for reply there dose not seem to be any error code on small screen

Where are you based, it may be someone is close and can assist? After resetting my electrics I had to update the boiler dcinteol with time and fuel source to get it working

I live in Kerry Ireland
It would be worth noting whether you have the diesel heater option also as this may change things.
After resetting electrics I had to update the boiler control with time and fuel source to get it working
Gas and electric thanks

Kerry Ireland
John
Dont have a error code but will try pushing button and see what happens

I live in Kerry Ireland

Based on my experience I'd try
a) on the main screen on wall: change fuel source to mixture or gas
b) plug the van in to the mains - try heating water using the electrics
c) turning off the electrics on the main red switch in the back
d) on the Truma small screen: change fuel source (try a few, eg; Mix / gas only / electric etc)
The Truma instructions I received are quite detailed, hopefully someone on here can assist if the dealer cannot...

Thanks for the correspondence. I got my boiler going. I fiddled around with the heater control panel. I've no instruction for the heater control panel or code recognition sheet but I will order one from my dealer.

Thanks for the correspondence. I got my boiler going. I fiddled around with the heater control panel. I've no instruction for the heater control panel or code recognition sheet but I will order one from my dealer.
Twinw
I have the truma manual but the online support at truma.com is much better

I have been playing with this all day and can not get the boiler to stop flashing with the error code "E 122 H" I have it plugged into the mains and on elec only . I have also tried all of the other combinations but the code will not stop flashing.
I have done the reset by pushing the button twice in the small cupboard under the seat also.
what am i doing wrong ?
Thanks

I have been playing with this all day and can not get the boiler to stop flashing with the error code "E 122 H" I have it plugged into the mains and on elec only . I have also tried all of the other combinations but the code will not stop flashing.
I have done the reset by pushing the button twice in the small cupboard under the seat also.
what am i doing wrong ?
Thanks
Hi this is the error code fault.

Lack of fuel due to insufficient fuel tank filling, tank has run empty and / or vehicle is on a slope

Fill tank with fuel. Then fill the fuel line as described in “Initial startup” (see Combi Diesel operating instructions).
Not sure if this is relevant to your vehicle.
Try starting again after switching power off, check that the appropriate settings are selected on the main wall screen, check they are set on the Truma screen. You need to wait for 15 mins after you try a reset. If all else fails there’s a reset button on the boiler under the seat which is detailed in another post or there’s a you tube video.
Good luck

How do you "Fill the fuel line" I have been searching for this in the instructions but can not find. Think this is the last thing I can try as all others have failed :-(
From the manual, not sure if it helps but:

027DDD49-871C-4A02-A46F-276E75E3B6C6.jpeg

I think this has been played with in the showroom and the "Block" is now on ...Thanks for your help

Back