Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

California Club Meet Bolsover (Coincident with VW Shop Open Day) 9-11 Nov 2018

Who was the van with the Darth Vader front screen cover? I need one of those!
I love the idea that your desire for a Vader front screen is a need not just a want!!:thumb:thumb

More evidence of our mystery biscuit scoffing hound. I'm told his name was Zeus and that his owner was one of the site residents - not from the Cali Meet. Very opportunistic before the rain and wind!

Tall-Trees-2018_0008.JPG

Great pity that the weather took its toll but this is a pic of the Gazebo that we planned to have out social evening on Friday in. 9m x 3m. Oh well maybe next time!

Tall-Trees-2018_0002.JPG

Thanks to Terri and Rik for a warm welcome and for getting the shop to open as well as organising the brewery trip, made it a great weekend.

Thanks to Terri and Rik for a warm welcome and for getting the shop to open as well as organising the brewery trip, made it a great weekend.
You are most welcome, so glad you enjoyed the weekend.

After a hesitant start on Friday due to the uncertain weather, Saturday was a treat, starting with the emptying of the wallets at the club shop, and ending with the filling of the glasses at the brewery. And a walk around Bolsover Castle in the middle. :)

Smashing weekend, great to meet everyone and many thanks to @Jabberwocky Rik and Terri! :thumb

A few photos, in the brewery
9C537F49-E99C-475B-9902-F30C44DCF5C8.jpeg
FD0EA2CC-E7E5-47F7-9D8B-242EA688BDD1.jpeg

The crystal meth set up ;)
3AC063AE-564A-4F35-83A4-765A9B70886E.jpeg

Sadly it ended but we managed a stop for lunch and a walk on the way home here - Solomon’s Temple, near Buxton.
7AA806AD-E035-4C75-9A81-A693268E5723.jpeg

Thanks to Rik and Terry for organising a great weekend and going to so much trouble with party tent it did make a great difference and especially the special drinking chocolate!! must get a tin in store and a bottle to go with it. We arrived home to clear blue skies and beautiful sunset countryside looked fantastic through Cambridge to Essex. Look forward to the next one.Jane and Derek

After a hesitant start on Friday due to the uncertain weather, Saturday was a treat, starting with the emptying of the wallets at the club shop, and ending with the filling of the glasses at the brewery. And a walk around Bolsover Castle in the middle. :)

Smashing weekend, great to meet everyone and many thanks to @Jabberwocky Rik and Terri! :thumb

A few photos, in the brewery
View attachment 39513
View attachment 39515

The crystal meth set up ;)
View attachment 39514

Sadly it ended but we managed a stop for lunch and a walk on the way home here - Solomon’s Temple, near Buxton.
View attachment 39516
Thanks for sharing your photos. The brewery was a great meeting place. Lots of stories and shared experiences.

Thanks to Rik and Terry for organising a great weekend and going to so much trouble with party tent it did make a great difference and especially the special drinking chocolate!! must get a tin in store and a bottle to go with it. We arrived home to clear blue skies and beautiful sunset countryside looked fantastic through Cambridge to Essex. Look forward to the next one.Jane and Derek
So glad you enjoyed the weekend, as for the organisation it was our pleasure and you are most welcome. Hope to catch up with you next year. R&T

OK, now that the dust has settled, not that we saw too much of that over the weekend, and we get back to our routines I must just take a little time to thank everyone who helped out in some difficult conditions and also to those whose dedication to getting the ratio of Guinness to Tia Maria just right, will be the stuff of legends;)
I must also make a special “thank you” to two members for their behind the scenes administration and lobbying without which the event would not have run as smoothly or successfully as it did. Thanks for making our task easy on the day @SimonB , @Calimagg
Thanks again R&T

Last edited:
Thanks to all who made our weekend so much fun. Our first trip away in the brand new van and so much to learn. So much in fact we missed the brewery meet as I was deep into fettling those things that must be fettled. Special thanks to Rik & Terry, hot chocolate and Cointreau, who would have thought? :cheers

Special thanks to @Jabberwocky Rik & Terri & those behind the scenes for organising an excellent weekend. Guinness & Tia Maria, hot chocolate & cointreau? We missed out there! Oh well, there’s always next time. Judith & Roy

Rik, Terri, thank you for the weekend. We didn't make it to the brewery. We had both had a hard week; Tina at work and me building a patio. A little wine and whiskey with our meal on Saturday was the final straw and sent us off to a deep sleep...

Rik, Terri, thank you for the weekend. We didn't make it to the brewery. We had both had a hard week; Tina at work and me building a patio. A little wine and whiskey with our meal on Saturday was the final straw and sent us off to a deep sleep...
Deep sleep - now rejuvenated.....weekends are made for this.