Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Bonnet not closing??!!

RichieVW

RichieVW

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Having lifted the bonnet for the first it now won't lock? Anyone else experienced this???? Cheers

Yes the lever has returned to its original position. As per the manual it should self close without any force required, that's correct isn't it?? I've had the vehicle just over a month, however it's a June 2017.

I would call AA assist out - if the Bonnet not secure it could fly open while driving

Yes the lever has returned to its original position. As per the manual it should self close without any force required, that's correct isn't it?? I've had the vehicle just over a month, however it's a June 2017.
Does the Lock open and close when the Lever is Open/Closed.

Either way, if it won’t lock as @Meoncoast has said Phone VW Assist, they’ll sort it as you shouldn’t attempt to drive without it properly locked in position.

Thanks guys, I'll make use of the VW assist and give them a call now. I'm glad this happened on my driveway and not in the middle of some field!

The way to close any bonnet is :
Hold it up 15cm above and let it drop , nothing to do with force....

as above. hold the bonnet up. let it drop with a good solid bang. don't just try to push it in. duck oil or wd40 in the mechanism won't hurt. good luck

Back