Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Boot charge point

tuono001

tuono001

VIP Member
I've looked througn but can't find anything, so here goes.
I have a '13 beach and with the bench in its rear most position you can't use the charge point. Has anyone physically moved it/fitted another in a better position in the rear.
It seems a poor choice of location considering it's VW. As most things are usb nowadays how easy would it be to locate a usb point in the rear pillar, the same side? (Bit like the light on the opposite side )
I'm also thinking about moving the one by the sliding door, put it on the vertical face of that lower panel.
Any help or suggestions
Thanks

i have just fitted a 240v socket above the 12v because as you say its hopeless and unusable were it is you could move it im sure

I've looked througn but can't find anything, so here goes.
I have a '13 beach and with the bench in its rear most position you can't use the charge point. Has anyone physically moved it/fitted another in a better position in the rear.
It seems a poor choice of location considering it's VW. As most things are usb nowadays how easy would it be to locate a usb point in the rear pillar, the same side? (Bit like the light on the opposite side )
I'm also thinking about moving the one by the sliding door, put it on the vertical face of that lower panel.
Any help or suggestions
Thanks
I use these as they come with a built in Switch and are R angled. The Block can be velcroed wherever is convenient.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B06XY27X2G/?tag=eliteelect-21

13346A27-B482-4A81-B918-D2C05B056FBF.jpeg

you would still struggle to plug it in the multiflex board legs are in the way

you would still struggle to plug it in the multiflex board legs are in the way
No problem. It stays in permanently that’s why it’s useful having the switch. But that is on a SE.

That's the problem, in my old se there's nothing blocking it, but in the beach the multiflex board leg sits right in the way. I haven't found or seen anything small enough that would fit because of the leg.
I already have a 240v and 12v plugs behind the passenger seat, but that's not all that useful when not on ehu.

That's the problem, in my old se there's nothing blocking it, but in the beach the multiflex board leg sits right in the way. I haven't found or seen anything small enough that would fit because of the leg.
I already have a 240v and 12v plugs behind the passenger seat, but that's not all that useful when not on ehu.
Ahh. I didn’t realise they cocked that up on the Beach. That unit would work fine on the Sliding Door cup holder. As regards the rear one, it shouldn’t be too difficult to reposition it, or probably better still wire a new socket in Parallel with the original, but in a useable position.

To plug our fridge in to the boot 12v, you just need to slide the multiflex board forwards slightly to get the plug in. Once it’s plugged it you can slide the MFB back, and leave it plugged in as there is just enough clearance for the top of the 12v plug.

To plug our fridge in to the boot 12v, you just need to slide the multiflex board forwards slightly to get the plug in. Once it’s plugged it you can slide the MFB back, and leave it plugged in as there is just enough clearance for the top of the 12v plug.
Good to know. So that Plug and Extension should be able to Plug in and leave in. The Box with the 4 USB and 3 x 12v sockets could then be place in a more usable location as it has a 1 m lead attached.

Can anyone confirm whether the te-rich unit shown above fits in the rear 12v socket without interfering with the movement of the multiflex board? Or has anyone got another workaround to this issue?

I learned the hard way this weekend by sliding the MFB and while the 12 v connector for the fridge was connected: destroyed it.

Can anyone confirm whether the te-rich unit shown above fits in the rear 12v socket without interfering with the movement of the multiflex board? Or has anyone got another workaround to this issue?

I learned the hard way this weekend by sliding the MFB and while the 12 v connector for the fridge was connected: destroyed it.
According to Post 8 above, from @Ch1pbutty , Yes.

According to Post 8 above, from @Ch1pbutty , Yes.
Ahh: I thought they were referring to a standard 12v connection to the fridge, not that te-rich unit in particular.

It's much of a muchness I suppose, give that the unit has a cable and could be plugged in elsewhere, assuming the 12v socket in the sliding door cup holder doest cause similar problems when moving the bench back and forth...

Ahh: I thought they were referring to a standard 12v connection to the fridge, not that te-rich unit in particular.

It's much of a muchness I suppose, give that the unit has a cable and could be plugged in elsewhere, assuming the 12v socket in the sliding door cup holder doest cause similar problems when moving the bench back and forth...
Yes. I use that unit plugged in permanently into the sliding door socket. You could then run the extension wherever you want within 1 metre.

Mine has this OEM connector with mechanical locking in the back. I guess it didn't catch on.

Our fridge plug has just enough space to slide the MFB; You could replace the fridge plug with one with a 90 degree bend, if you find yours keeps catching on the MFB:

Last edited:
Our fridge plug has just enough space to slide the MFB; You could replace the fridge plug with one these (or similar), if you find yours keeps catching on the MFB:

Well, it doest catch any more, now that it's in 2 halves ;)

Well, it doest catch any more, now that it's in 2 halves ;)

I might have posted the wrong link, but a 90 deg bend will solve it.