Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Bottom sheet for upstairs bed - what do you use?

Seaside Sussex

Seaside Sussex

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
So with only 5 days to go until pick-up :happy, last-minute shopping for essentials is on my to-do list for the next few days.

We will be using our Cali as a family of 4 so kids will be sleeping upstairs, using sleeping bags.

Wondered what others do for sheets for the upstairs bed? Will a standard double fitted sheet suffice or better a flat sheet?

Many thanks.

We use a fitted double, it's a bit of a faff to get on, I usually get one of the kids to crawl to the low end but it fits okay. I think a flat sheet would be harder to get on and keep on.

We used a double fitted too. £4 job from Ikea. Stays on all night no problem. Agreed it's a faf to put on at first but not a major issue

So with only 5 days to go until pick-up :happy, last-minute shopping for essentials is on my to-do list for the next few days.

We will be using our Cali as a family of 4 so kids will be sleeping upstairs, using sleeping bags.

Wondered what others do for sheets for the upstairs bed? Will a standard double fitted sheet suffice or better a flat sheet?

Many thanks.
Probably just me, but why do you want a sheet on the upstairs bed if the children are using Sleeping Bags?

If you were sleeping in a tent then I'm sure you wouldn't try to fit a sheet to the bed roll or camp bed!

We also use sleepingbags in the pop-top but still we put a matras cover/sheet over the Cali matrass ....you can not wash the matras so a sheet probaly the best
We use one the same size as our homebed , as @bigmac77 says it's a bit to large but if you tuck it underneeth the matras works fine.

We also use sleepingbags in the pop-top but still we put a matras cover/sheet over the Cali matrass ....you can not wash the matras so a sheet probaly the best
We use one the same size as our homebed , as @bigmac77 says it's a bit to large but if you tuck it underneeth the matras works fine.
Ah, just remembered I have a Comfortz waterproof mattress cover on the upstairs mattress so the mattress doesn't get damp if the roof has to be lowered with a soaked canvas.

A Double bed size Duvet cover fits easily.

Probably just me, but why do you want a sheet on the upstairs bed if the children are using Sleeping Bags?

If you were sleeping in a tent then I'm sure you wouldn't try to fit a sheet to the bed roll or camp bed!
My kids drool in their sleep, one has nose bleeds and the other occasionally wets the bed. We have a waterproof sheet plus a fitted top sheet. Have you ever tried putting the roof bed mattress in a washing machine?

My kids drool in their sleep, one has nose bleeds and the other occasionally wets the bed. We have a waterproof sheet plus a fitted top sheet. Have you ever tried putting the roof bed mattress in a washing machine?
No, that's why I've got a Comfortz waterproof cover on it. As I stated in my second post.:thumb

Sheet is sensible. Keeps mucky fingers / nose bleeds / general messes that kids generate away from mattress. I also bought cheap topper from home bargains to improve protection/ comfort.

Our sheet has pictures of VW splitties on it so looks the part!!!

Fitted sheets are better....

We have the 'Essential White Fitted Sheet' from Dunelm. It's £3.50 now (it was £4.50 when we bought ours!) polycotton easy to wash and dry and simple to fit. If it lasts a season then, result.

Thanks all for your insights, been working nights so apologies for tardy response.

Some good ideas (especially the duvet cover, thanks @CYCLOPATH).

With little people onboard too, a sheet seems a sensible option.

Back