• Bra £35

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters
Betty67

Betty67

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Done my first 800 miles many up and down motorway to visit long forgotten family, 600 miles on fast roads even after that noticed very minor chips on bonnet, that's why we don't buy black vans! Shows up all your sins.
Anyway cannot decide wether to fork out the £600 for a front end wrap (clear Gloss) or just respray in a couple of years quoted £300.
In the meantime bought a Bra which doesn't look bad and can take off when not doing those long trips?2865EC9D-138E-4A2E-BED8-0067AE5F4ACF.jpeg

I’ve read that a bonnet bra can abrade the paintwork - as it’s not a tight fit like a wrap would be. I’m not sure whether this is universally true but it would put me off having one.

I’ve read that a bonnet bra can abrade the paintwork - as it’s not a tight fit like a wrap would be. I’m not sure whether this is universally true but it would put me off having one.

Had a Bra on our T4 for a couple of years with no issues to paintwork; Just make sure the bonnet is clean before you put it on.

Sort the bonnet then another 600 mile trip and you get a chip on the door as a road gritter passes you. I used a chip repair on a car once which got a nasty chip in week one but otherwise it is a part of daily use in my view. Review in a couple of years.

I personally would not use a bonnet bra. Touch up the odd chip as and when then when you feel the need get a respray. If done properly they won’t just do the bonnet, it will need blending in with the wings.

I can't vote my way of doing it.
Buy a touch up pencil for a tenner.
That even comes in handy for side and back chips.
I have to start my second touch up pencil in 10 years as the first one is near to empty and dried up.

I can't count the stone chips on my bonnet and front bumper.
It is still a utensil, and it gets (ab)used a lot by me, but one just can't keep it in showroom condition if you drive it, so I don't even try.
But I will try everything to keep it in the best possible condition.

I can't vote my way of doing it.
Buy a touch up pencil for a tenner.
That even comes in handy for side and back chips.
I have to start my second touch up pencil in 10 years as the first one is near to empty and dried up.

I can't count the stone chips on my bonnet and front bumper.
It is still a utensil, and it gets (ab)used a lot by me, but one just can't keep it in showroom condition if you drive it, so I don't even try.
But I will try everything to keep it in the best possible condition.
I do use a touch up pen but motorways take a Hefty toll, will probable remove and only use when needed

Done my first 800 miles many up and down motorway to visit long forgotten family, 600 miles on fast roads even after that noticed very minor chips on bonnet, that's why we don't buy black vans! Shows up all your sins.
Anyway cannot decide wether to fork out the £600 for a front end wrap (clear Gloss) or just respray in a couple of years quoted £300.
In the meantime bought a Bra which doesn't look bad and can take off when not doing those long trips?View attachment 65061
I use clear wrap which is self healing as long as its not a bolder!, no issue with scuffing with the bra.

Is the wrap for the entire front end for £600?
Personally I've used touch-up pens and accept the chips are inevitable.

Is the wrap for the entire front end for £600?
Personally I've used touch-up pens and accept the chips are inevitable.
bonnet and bumper, for me a good £600 well spent

I’ve had mine wrapped, just bonnet, bumper and mirrors, and I think it cost about £300.

Back