Brandrup 2nd Skin seat covers.... And muddy dogs

2into1

2into1

Née T4WFA. Now running 2006 LHD T5 SE 130 Manual
Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 130
Has anyone using the above got any advice on how practical the brandrup covers are with dogs, and all year around use (ie muddy dogs).
Are they waterproof enough to protect the original seat fabric from a really wet and moody pooch?
Do they brush off well once they have dried out from such an occurrence?
How well do they respond to frequent cycles through the washing machine?

My dog will sit where she's told, but wander off to the cleanest / dryest / warmest seat if my back is turned.

If the feedback isn't great for the brandrup's, I'd equally like to hear other tips. I don't particularly want to get into a cycle of covering my seat covers.... which are covering my seats.

Many thanks

I have the Brandrup covers but doubt if they are meant to be waterproof.
they are very good covers and clean pretty good but if you want really waterproofones i think they are not the best option.
We are lucky our dog has short hair and can be dryed off pretty good using a towel but we try to trow a extra blanket on the seat for her to sit on.
Are those Inca covers not fully waterproof , sure someone must have those fitted.

Our youngest threw up over the covers on our rear seat on our last trip away and can confirm the covers are not waterproof against large pools of liquid! They do however come up like new after a proper wash in the machine at home.
I would have thought that damp rather than dripping wet dogs would be ok, if its going to be a regular occurrence could you put a bit of polythene sheet under the seat cover just on the base to stop anything soaking through without ruining the look?

Sort out the cause not the effect?

Give the dog a stiff talking to!
Says he who wakes up every morning buried under 35k of Labrador !!

We use inka waterproof ones, not very pretty but have kept my seats looking like new for 2 years. Only sad I dont get to see them very often as they are always on. :)

Back