Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Brandrup Air Safe - Be Careful !

Bill R

Bill R

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
A great idea but I stupidly let the tailgate close under its own momentum and now I’m in Spain with a tailgate that I can’t close due to the catch being damaged.
Closing it gently is the only option with the Air Safe in place but if you don’t use it often , it’s easy to forget I guess

You always need to remove the air-safe when opening the tailgate . Leaving it in place and slamming the tailgate shut can cause troublle witch i also did ....a small dent on the inner side not visible from outside.
I putted a fluo cord on it (drilling a hole in it first) so it's more noticeble.
See the result here

You always need to remove the air-safe when opening the tailgate . Leaving it in place and slamming the tailgate shut can cause troublle witch i also did ....a small dent on the inner side not visible from outside.
I putted a fluo cord on it (drilling a hole in it first) so it's more noticeble.
Yep - hopefully others will learn from my mistake.
Good news is , it now works, it was the plastic casing being bent which was stopping the mechanism working, so a pair of pliers put to good use and we are ok. As you say the damage isn’t noticeable

We have a big dangly yellow triangle hanging off ours for this reason!

Back