Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Brandrup Door handle cup protection film - help

Crell

Crell

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
I ordered these from the shop and just fitting after having the van detailed but they come with no instructions. What would I need instructions for I hear you ask? Well there's a packet of "laminating fluid" in the box. Does this go on the door, the sticky side of the protector, non-sticky side etc etc? I've just wasted one protector so every one left in the pack of 4 now counts.

I ordered these from the shop and just fitting after having the van detailed but they come with no instructions. What would I need instructions for I hear you ask? Well there's a packet of "laminating fluid" in the box. Does this go on the door, the sticky side of the protector, non-sticky side etc etc? I've just wasted one protector so every one left in the pack of 4 now counts.

hopefully this helps - i bought the rear bumper protector film from VW at the weekend and this came with the same stuff, according to the instructions (ive fitted it now and it worked) the laminating fluid must be diluted with water, and sprayed on to the area before applying the laminate, also spray some onto the laminate (face going on to van)
1. clean area with soap and water and dry
2. use supplied wipe or something similar to alcohol to get the surface oil free (nothing industrial so it doesn't take off your paint!)
3. apply diluted laminate fluid to surface of van, and also to surface of laminate sheet
4. slide protector into place and squeeze out air bubbles with a credit card or something similar
5. wipe away run off with soapy rag (1.)
6. try and keep out of rain for 24hrs until the laminate fluid drys.
7. jobs a good en.

worked for me and the laminate has stuck like glue. :) now protected from the wheels of the pram, shoes and bags. :cool:

hopefully this helps - i bought the rear bumper protector film from VW at the weekend and this came with the same stuff, according to the instructions (ive fitted it now and it worked) the laminating fluid must be diluted with water, and sprayed on to the area before applying the laminate, also spray some onto the laminate (face going on to van)
1. clean area with soap and water and dry
2. use supplied wipe or something similar to alcohol to get the surface oil free (nothing industrial so it doesn't take off your paint!)
3. apply diluted laminate fluid to surface of van, and also to surface of laminate sheet
4. slide protector into place and squeeze out air bubbles with a credit card or something similar
5. wipe away run off with soapy rag (1.)
6. try and keep out of rain for 24hrs until the laminate fluid drys.
7. jobs a good en.

worked for me and the laminate has stuck like glue. :) now protected from the wheels of the pram, shoes and bags. :cool:

@paulscryer thanks very much for listing that out! How diluted does the laminating fluid need to be?

@Kmann thanks also but I was after specific brandrup instructions.

Although Brandrup make great products their instructions are dire ( and in this case non existent).

@paulscryer thanks very much for listing that out! How diluted does the laminating fluid need to be?

@Kmann thanks also but I was after specific brandrup instructions.

Although Brandrup make great products their instructions are dire ( and in this case non existent).

The dilution depends on how big the solution sachet is that you have. The one that I had from Vw was approx the size of four ketchup sachets, and it said to dilute to 1.5l of warm water. I’m assuming the one you have will be smaller so a pint of warm water should suffice? The stronger the solution the less likely it is to fall off!!

To my knowledge (I did this quite some times) it is not that important. You can use plain water with a little squeeze of soap (dishwashing) in it. Spray, mount, put in place and squeeze the soap solution from the inside and out. Dry with a cloth.