Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Brandrup Flexbag Cargo

simplybikes

simplybikes

Hi Folks...has anybody bought one of these:
http://www.brandrup.de/en/brandrup-.../vw-vehicle-exterior/vw-load-bearing-devices/
It looks like a handy way to create a bit of extra space.
One thing that I can't quite work out is that it says you can carry 2 bikes. While the longest retaining arm of the rack will hold the a bike on the 3rd space out from the back of the rack, I can't see how you can safely attach a 2nd bike (on the most outward or 4th holder) as the detachable arm which normally attaches to the second bike can no longer be used. I'm probably not describing that particularly well but hopefully you'll get my drift.
Your views would be welcomed as I'm debating whether to purchase or not.

I can't help but it I didn't realise you could also carry bikes with it fitted so hope you get some responses.

I have also been investigating this and came across the same problem/question! I was going to buy a spare cycle carrier arm and modify it by reducing the length, so that it connected between bikes 3 and 4, rather than bikes 2 and 4, but they are around £70!!!

I guess I could modify my existing arm, but I am not sure whether this is the best/only solution.

Regards Barry

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thule do a short arm to go between bikes 3 & 4. With the Brandrup bag it might be a question of using the longest arm plus the Thule bit ... Interested to know if you get away with 2 and 3 length arms....

I was was also thinking of trying to modify the short arm but knowing me I'd cut it to the wrong length and end up with nothing. It's good to know about the Thule option as that should work with the long arm.
Thanks for the help folks.

Is it possible to swap the sleeve and bolt from the arm for the first bike (the shortest one) and use that on the one for the fourth bike(the removable one)?

Hi....

Im regards to the locking of the fourth bar, you can change the normal spinning knob for an additional locking knob. There about £26.00 from VW

Thanks Steve for that info. Another thing to go on my list.
With regards to changing the sleeve and bolt I think you could be on to something there McMeefia, I'll give that a whirl and see if it works. The first 2 arms would probably need to be removed anyway rather than just letting them sit there.

I use a Thule Backup 900 box mounted on Thule Backpac 973 rear door back carrier. It is a waterproof and lockable solution, which is not the case with Brandrup Flexbag Cargo.
I am really satisfied with the Thule setup and I can recommend it as long as you don't need to carry additional bikes, however, don't forget about the maximum allowed weight.

Anyone tried the flexbag on the newest T6 bikerack ?

Back