Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Brandrup iso-top 1V.

M

Mrs J.H

How easy/difficult is it to fit this any tips please??

Thank you
Mrs J

Easy. I fitted mine in about an hour, but you have to do it in stages (fit Velcro to lower rim of roof, leave for a day or so, then fit liner). I'm very pleased with mine- less draughty, better blackout, no fuss- always fitted.

Charles

I fitted one the other week & found a helpful post from @Borris which I cross-posted into a recent thread started by @2into1 - the included Brandrup A4 sheet of instructions aren't all that good, though it's quite intuitive once you get stuck in.

Slept up top at Silverstone this last weekend & it's still light-ish, but massively better than previous see-through T6 tent fabric.

- turn the seats & take your shoes off, you'll be up & down a lot

- empty everything off the side & seats and remove bedding but not mattress

- glue that bonds velcro to alu strip needs 48-hours to cure, so it's two separate fitting sessions over three days

- I used double-sided tape to hold the three velcro tabs in place at the front whilst fitting the six self-tapping Torx screws

- mind your head on the black bar for pulling the roof down, bloody hurts ...

Last edited:
Easy. I fitted mine in about an hour, but you have to do it in stages (fit Velcro to lower rim of roof, leave for a day or so, then fit liner). I'm very pleased with mine- less draughty, better blackout, no fuss- always fitted.

Charles

:thanks

I fitted one the other week & found a helpful post from @Borris which I cross-posted into a recent thread started by @2into1 - the instructions aren't all that good, though it's quite intuitive.

Slept up top at Silverstone this last weekend & it's still light-ish, but massively better than previous see-through T6 tent fabric.

- turn the seats & take your shoes off, you'll be up & down a lot

- empty everything off the side & seats and remove bedding but not mattress

- glue that bonds velcro to alu strip needs 48-hours to cure, so it's two separate fitting sessions over three days

- I used double-sided tape to hold the three velcro tabs in place at the front whilst fitting the six self-tapping Torx screws

- mind your head on the black bar for pulling the roof down, bloody hurts ...
:thanks