Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Brandrup ISo top review

I have one of these. It's great at keeping you dry and seems to keep things warm. The fit is just ok though. It velcros around the base of the roof which is great but the top hangs on the net hanging hooks at the front, the back velcros up. The sides just Velcro to the rear batterns. Mine came without enough Velcro. One of the side Velcro attachments refuses to stay up.

Lowering the roof is unaffected but closing the hatch becomes a little more difficult with the roof down.

Overall though I like it but it is very expensive in my opinion.

fit and forget!

fitting instructions are terrible for a GBP500 product. can anyone post clear instructions as to how to fit this, specifically the hook/eyelet arrangement?

Could a current Iso-top user clarify something for me WRT the Velcro around the bed base please. As we have just taken delivery & it doesn't look right somehow.

Should the Iso-top fabric Velcro round the whole perimeter of the bed base/roof opening where it has the Velcro hook tape sewn onto it??

Ours has been delivered with Velcro attachment just around the front end above the driver/passenger seats (roller blind area) so the rest of the bottom edge just 'floats' due to its hangings in the top of the roof. :eek:

Hi
we have one of these and oures go's all the way round the base if you go to campervantastic.co.uk and then go to shop then the brandrup section on there you will see the ISO-TOP click on it and you see verious pictures that's the way it look's in our van hope this help's. :?:

Another couple for current owners.

What colour is the iso top fabric inside, blue as the Brandrup web site or grey?

Also is the fabric 'fleecy' or more like a Gore tex shell waterproof??

Hi
Yes the colour is blue and it is Gore Tex Membrane highly breathable and windproof and very good as well.

HI mickyblue

Try them again it's in the Brandrup Accessories Catalogue part no 7H706961BABA7W hope thats ok for you.

Gary & Heather

Hi Mickblue

Yep now what you mean we get that a lot from Derby VW if you havent got the part number forget it. :crazy

MickyBlue said:
Could a current Iso-top user clarify something for me WRT the Velcro around the bed base please. As we have just taken delivery & it doesn't look right somehow.

Should the Iso-top fabric Velcro round the whole perimeter of the bed base/roof opening where it has the Velcro hook take sewn onto it??

Ours has been delivered with Velcro attachment just around the front end above the driver/passenger seats (roller blind area) so the rest of the bottom edge just 'floats' due to its hangings in the top of the roof. :eek:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
We have bought the Iso-top. Did you finally resolve the install issue? Took me some time to figure it out, but got there in the end. The confusing part is that at the front of the Cali, the bottom part is fixed to the aluminium rim, whilst the top part is much further in, so the front slopes at an angle of about 60 degs. Have to make sure that it's 18 degs temp wise and use the cleaner / adhesion enhancer they provide otherwise it won't stick for long!

Yup sorted it, thanks.

The dealer had initially fitted the 'wrong' iso-top (an older version with fleecy fabric) badly as it was missing most of the perimeter Velcro.

Thanks to the part number above we have a brand new one which I fitted myself with no issues.

I did all the cleaning & priming etc and used the heating in the van on full tilt to make sure it was warm enough on a sunny day recently. I got rather warm to say the least scrambling around up there :rofl

Two things ...

First, am I right in thinking that the front panel of the iso-top only has two fixing points along its top. Namely the front two eyelets (permanently fixed to the roof) that the front two hooks of the child safety net normally hook into?
And that there's no middle fixing point at the top of the front panel of the iso-top that articulates with the top of the vertical batten sewn into the front panel of the soft roof?
Without this middle fixing point, doesn't the front panel of the iso-top 'sag' a bit?
Some of the photos I've seen seem to show a middle fixing point but others don't.
I think?

Second, has anybody anything negative to say about the Brandrup Iso-top (other than its price)?

TIA Barry

Had exactly the same thoughts Barry,couldn't be sure what to do with the seemingly spare hooks at the front ,and also my iOS has Velcro straps on both sides mid line at the front ,and I just cant work out what they are forthe ones on the outside don't line up with anything,and those on the inside are just redundant.what am I missing please,.

The 'spare black plastic hooks' at the front I gently pushed into the fold line in the roof head lining about 3" back from the front edge, which runs side to side. .

They stay in well, & if placed correctly hold the IsoTop the correct shape, as you would think it should be.

Really I think there should be 2 more loops mounted in the roof headlining

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

Like this, sorry if pic is huge.

This is looking up at the left hand side (NS) of the raised roof between bellows and IsoTop fabric. Did the same on the right

cf52df3d.jpg

Mickeyblue ,Thanks a lot,I actually thought of doing that and looked in the seam for a hidden loop, great help ,cheers

Like this, sorry if pic is huge.

This is looking up at the left hand side (NS) of the raised roof between bellows and IsoTop fabric. Did the same on the right

cf52df3d.jpg
Hi there Micky - not sure if you are still even on this forum! But I am struggling with fitting an older model of ISO top and found this thread. You have a picture, which has now been deleted, but could be the answer to my problems!!

I seem to have a large gap between the edge of the iso top and the front of the bellows and I'm not sure exactly what to do with the hooks. It's a long shot, but was wondering if you may be able to help!

Best wishes

Aaron

IMG_5445.jpeg

@MickyBlue just to catch your attention to the above post :)

Back