Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Brandrup Isolite for Sliding Door - Anyone fitted one?

Dr-Snickers

Dr-Snickers

Kate
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 199
Just wondering if anyone has actually fitted the Isolite for the sliding door and can advise me where they put the Velcro?

As per usual, Brandrup’s instruction are useless:

E06D08B8-CCC3-4B9A-BDB8-A1F5BBA33401.jpeg

No info about where to put the Velcro pieces!!!!!
I can’t work out where to put them to get a good light seal....maybe I’m asking too much?

Just wondering if anyone has actually fitted the Isolite for the sliding door and can advise me where they put the Velcro?

As per usual, Brandrup’s instruction are useless:

View attachment 74057

No info about where to put the Velcro pieces!!!!!
I can’t work out where to put them to get a good light seal....maybe I’m asking too much?
Terrible instructions!

I’ve just used the only bits of Velcro that I had & flitted them on the front face of the sliding window frame59EC7FF0-6C9A-44CE-95C2-BBED54EC2D8A.jpegB51C1C29-3242-4000-973E-AA66253F9DEC.jpeg

Sorry. I forgot, different window in a T6.1 on my old van I just had strips on the flat surfaces nearest the glass, it was never a good fit with it attaching to the velcro at the top or the bottom but not both at the same time.

The Isolite I believe is designed for windows without the slider.

Sorry. I forgot, different window in a T6.1 on my old van I just had strips on the flat surfaces nearest the glass, it was never a good fit with it attaching to the velcro at the top or the bottom but not both at the same time.

The Isolite I believe is designed for windows without the slider.
Thanks for the info.

There are two versions now; with and without the slider and I definitely have the sliding window option.

TBH it just feels like the Velcro attached to the Isolite would be better in different places. The hook tape is currently just in the corners but would be better it it were adhere to the glass along the entire right side and all along the plastic window frame on the left, with sections along the top and bottom too. I may need to adapt!

Back