Amarillo

Amarillo

Tom
Super Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
1068.jpg

Does anyone know the dimensions of the Multibox which sits on the floor behind the driver or passenger seat? The only clue I've found is that it is 5.41 litres and will take a 1.5 litre bottle. Its depth is what I need to know.

Can measure mine when I get back home

Hi Tom , i've looked in the paper version of the cataloge i have and as online and seems they don't mention dimensions .
But as it can hold a 1,5l botlle that should be the lenght , the dept will probally be the diametre of a 1,5l botlle and the height you can mesure/comparing the picture .
Our (european) 1,5l cola botles are about 33cm high and 10cm diam.

Hi Tom , i've looked in the paper version of the cataloge i have and as online and seems they don't mention dimensions .
But as it can hold a 1,5l botlle that should be the lenght , the dept will probally be the diametre of a 1,5l botlle and the height you can mesure/comparing the picture .
Our (european) 1,5l cola botles are about 33cm high and 10cm diam.
One of my boys needed a pee on the motorway the other day. We have a little urinal bottle to take care of such matters. Its lid is not very secure, so we keep it in a bucket. However, take corner just a little too fast and the bucket falls - unless jammed in - making the matter no better than simply peeing on the floor in the first place! So I've been thinking about one of these boxes to hold the wee bottle securely in such situations. A hell of a price to pay to secure a £3 wee bottle though!

G47469_1_Male_Urinal.jpg

Last edited:
Multi boxes are insulated so internal size is: 70mm x 380mm long x 190mm deep.

There is a bit of flex in the material so you could add 10mm to 15mm on width and height.

Multi boxes are insulated so internal size is: 70mm x 380mm long x 190mm deep.

There is a bit of flex in the material so you could add 10mm to 15mm on width and height.
Thanks - that's not wide enough, I need at least 100mm wide. I think I'll make something.

Just a thought.....but would some kind of storage box(ikea) lined with some kind of sturdy foam do the trick. Was thinking you could cut the foam to hold the bottle upright. I think someone did something similar to hold drinks bottles/cups between the front seats.

Just a thought.....but would some kind of storage box(ikea) lined with some kind of sturdy foam do the trick. Was thinking you could cut the foam to hold the bottle upright. I think someone did something similar to hold drinks bottles/cups between the front seats.
Nice idea.

There's a suitable size with a nice carry handle for £10; (200 x 400 x 230mm).

skogsta-box-with-handle__0365478_PE548259_S5.JPG

I doubt that even Queen Victoria's chamber pot had such a functional carry handle.

wouldn't be a lot easier to get a container with a secure lid. I remember there are some juice bottle with a large opening but forgot the name. Rather than Brandrup I'd try to have a look at Tesco ;)

wouldn't be a lot easier to get a container with a secure lid. I remember there are some juice bottle with a large opening but forgot the name. Rather than Brandrup I'd try to have a look at Tesco ;)
Yes, that works, but we still need somewhere suitable to stow it.

The urinal fits neatly in a tray under the bench seat.

IMG_0118.JPG

Spillage is unlikely, and any spillage easy to clean. Unfortunately, underseat storage is not easily accessible for a five or six year old on the motorway, or at night with the lower bed made up.

The urinal also fits neatly in the drink holder bay to the left of the bench seat. But spillages are not so easily spotted or so easy to clean.

A nice wooden box velcroed behind the driver's seat will look good, reduce the risk of spillages and be fairly easy to access both on the motorway and at night. As a bonus, we have an unused £10 Ikea voucher which expires on 16 February, and an Ikea within cycling distance to avoid the usual car park nightmare.

I'd argue that a bottle that closes properly with a screw cap it would be a lot easier to find a place for, readily accessible and safe from spillages and a lot lighter and space saving than the bottle +wooden box you are planning to buy.
But I respect if you have a different opinion, your van and your money after all..
:Grin

somebody said that some brands of fabric conditioner come in a bottle with a secure cap of dimensions suitable for the more generously proportioned gentlemen.

Back