Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Sorry Now Sold Brandrup Velour Carpet - Passenger Compartment T6.1 2 Rail

T

theosmonds

Vehicle
Cali now sold
Having sold our Ocean we're now selling our Passenger Compartment Brandrup Velour Carpet.
It's the T6.1 two rail version in Palladium - 100 708 614
Purchased in June this year from the club shop and only used on one short trip in the summer, so as new.
It's a quality item that really suited the cali living area. Price new was £174 and I'm looking for £75.
Would prefer local collection in Wokingham but would consider posting at buyers expense.

1665479366455.png
1665479402423.png

Hi, interested (nosy..;-) ) as to why you've sold your Cali. Are you going for something bigger, or just didnt get on with it..?

Happy if you tell me not to nosy...;-)

Hi, interested (nosy..;-) ) as to why you've sold your Cali. Are you going for something bigger, or just didnt get on with it..?

Happy if you tell me not to nosy...;-)
As a family I think we liked the idea of the cali more than the actual experience. We took delivery a week before the 1st lock down hit which took the shine off things a bit as we didn't really get to use it for months. When we did get to use it, it was nice but we'd come back from a trip exhausted from the multiple setups and takedowns each day when we were out and about. Plus sleep deprived from sleeping downstairs (our 5yr old son had the upstairs). So it's a great bit of kit, I just felt we were constantly trying to fit a square peg into a round hole forcing ourselves to enjoy our camping trips when in reality we found it hard work. Despite me buying every available accessory!! :bananadance2
I think it's always better to try something and figure out it's not for you. As a bonus we sold it for more than we paid so it didn't cost us anything (apart from all the accessories!)

As a family I think we liked the idea of the cali more than the actual experience. We took delivery a week before the 1st lock down hit which took the shine off things a bit as we didn't really get to use it for months. When we did get to use it, it was nice but we'd come back from a trip exhausted from the multiple setups and takedowns each day when we were out and about. Plus sleep deprived from sleeping downstairs (our 5yr old son had the upstairs). So it's a great bit of kit, I just felt we were constantly trying to fit a square peg into a round hole forcing ourselves to enjoy our camping trips when in reality we found it hard work. Despite me buying every available accessory!! :bananadance2
I think it's always better to try something and figure out it's not for you. As a bonus we sold it for more than we paid so it didn't cost us anything (apart from all the accessories!)
Thanks for that, I know what you mean.

We decided to buy our Cali after many years caravanning (which was a faff to get, as it was stored on a farm) and then many years of tents, but they were getting a faff putting up/down in the wet..!

So we went for a Cali and hopefully a minimalist setup (no drive away awnings etc to pack up) and hope we can set-up/take down with minimum fuss. Time will tell. My main concern is space to carry extra stuff - we like hiking and biking and just getting all our stuff in the Cali is a challenge - we've only had it two weeks..!

We're off to the caravan show at the NEC next week and I might be tempted by a slightly bigger campervan....ssshhh, dont tell the Mrs..;-)

Back