Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

breakdown kit

S

samson

I have just bought an 09 cali. Should it have come with a breakdown kit?

Yes indeed...

Fastened to the back of the rear seat base by two thumb screws.

There should also be a triangle and first aid kit at the back of the left hand cupboard :thumb
In a nice red bag

Yes indeed...

Fastened to the back of the rear seat base by two thumb screws.

simply Dubs, spent the morning trying to find out how to open said box with kit in it! there appear to be two webbing straps holding the case in place; undoing the thumbscrews doesn't make any difference. Your advice would be greatly appreciated!

cheers,

Mike

I was told by a dealer that the warning triangle and first aid kit were optional on an Ocean.

I was told by a dealer that the warning triangle and first aid kit were optional on an Ocean.

Required by EU law they have to supply it. It's the fluoro vest which is an extra

Required by EU law they have to supply it. It's the fluoro vest which is an extra
That's interesting. I couldn't find one in ours (an ex- demonstrator) so when I happened to be at a different dealer from the one where we bought it, I enquired with one of the salesmen and was told these were optional items. They looked up our registration number on the VW computer and said it had not been specified as part of the order.

That's interesting. I couldn't find one in ours (an ex- demonstrator) so when I happened to be at a different dealer from the one where we bought it, I enquired with one of the salesmen and was told these were optional items. They looked up our registration number on the VW computer and said it had not been specified as part of the order.
Screenshot 2019-02-25 at 16.12.49.png

Thanks for that - I'll look into it further with the dealer we bought it from.

Left hand cupboard, get on your knees and look for it against the van side just under the cooker.
Not a logical location.

• Thanks
Reactions: DG1
Thanks guys. It wasn't the warning triangle, etc about which I was inquiring, rather, the jack, jack spanner & etc.which are needed to change a wheel. I'm obliged to Simply Dubs for the heads up re physical location of the flat kit, but haven't been able to access it, and was inquiring as to whether there was a secondary release mechanism, besides the 'thumbscrews'...

Thanks guys. It wasn't the warning triangle, etc about which I was inquiring, rather, the jack, jack spanner & etc.which are needed to change a wheel. I'm obliged to Simply Dubs for the heads up re physical location of the flat kit, but haven't been able to access it, and was inquiring as to whether there was a secondary release mechanism, besides the 'thumbscrews'...
The Tool Kit is a Black Polystyrene 2 piece box with velcro straps. It is hung on 2 threaded studs on the rear of the bench seat and held on by 2 black thumb screws.
Undo the thumb screws and pull the box towards you. It is quit heavy.

Your vehicle is 2009? Are you sure the Polystyrene box is there? Could it have been removed and just the thumb screws put back?

Just the poorly designed knobs to undo. I filed the holes out slightly to enable better alignment with the anchor nuts.
Take note of jack fitment before removing to save a puzzle getting it back in.

When mine was delivered the salesman couldn't find the tow hitch and said it was missing, in the same place as the jack etc.

This is what mine looks, like it helps

Screenshot_20190225-215553_Chrome.jpg

The Tool Kit is a Black Polystyrene 2 piece box with velcro straps. It is hung on 2 threaded studs on the rear of the bench seat and held on by 2 black thumb screws.
Undo the thumb screws and pull the box towards you. It is quit heavy.

Your vehicle is 2009? Are you sure the Polystyrene box is there? Could it have been removed and just the thumb screws put back?

Thanks one and all, found the box - haven't wrestled it out yet, but reassured by its presence.