Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Bright ideas for an emergency deck chair fix?

James B 2016

James B 2016

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hi all, we're away in Sardinia and managed to snap one of the plastic joining parts in the deck chair. We're away for another 3 weeks so need to be able to use the chair before we take into VW UK under warranty. Does anyone have any bright ideas for how we can fix it?

Thanks in advance.
James

IMG_8421.JPG

IMG_8422.JPG

Try a wooden dowel (is that the correct word?) to put inside the alu frame fitting the plastic also...

Two pack Epoxy resin glue.

Maybe worth wrapping gaffer tape round it, just in case vw get funny about a glue repair. Atleast you can remove tape when you take it back for warranty claim.

Thanks all. Really helpful suggestions. When the hardware stores open tomorrow I'm going to get myself some dowel, 2 part expoxy resin and some gaffer tape.

Hmm.. I think I may have a dodgy couple of chairs. The second chair broke in the same place this evening...

I'd never have thought of that as a warranty issue - has anyone else had a similar problem ?

I think I'd say shove 'em back in their hole, buy a couple of cheap supermarche camping chairs and deal with them with the dealer when you get home ...

Back