Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Bright sparkle at base of speedo' needle 2016 Highline T6

rod_vw

rod_vw

Gone bigger.
VIP Member
Vehicle
Motorhome
As the title says, at a certain speed range in this case about 50mph the base of the speedo' needle is illuminated very brightly even in daylight.

My dealer has changed the instrument cluster once but it is still much the same. They are now saying that all T6s of this specification are the same. The instrument part number from VCDS is 7E0 920 970L just for reference and when changed by the dealer it became an 'LX' variant which as far as I know is a factory reconditioned indication.

Has anyone else got the same problem?

Rod

I have a tiny red twinkle (bright spot) from the base of my speedo needle. I see it once in a while and easily forget about it.

Last edited:
ditto on mine.
But only see it if I sit in a particular way. Most of the time it is out of my eye line.

I noticed when I first got the T6 but now I don’t.

Has anyone managed to get an instrument cluster fitted which doesn't have this problem?

Rod

I do not see it as a problem, and only see it if I look for it, Would not really want the dash cluster taken out in case it caused an issue.

As the title says, at a certain speed range in this case about 50mph the base of the speedo' needle is illuminated very brightly even in daylight.

My dealer has changed the instrument cluster once but it is still much the same. They are now saying that all T6s of this specification are the same. The instrument part number from VCDS is 7E0 920 970L just for reference and when changed by the dealer it became an 'LX' variant which as far as I know is a factory reconditioned indication.

Has anyone else got the same problem?

Rod

I want this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sounds normal to me. if you change your instrument cluster does it not affect the mileage? leave it alone

No, the dealer replicates the previous unit when it is coded, likewise any coding changes that have been changed from original.

Rod

I’ve got this too, bright dot at the base of the speedo needle, just got used to it now!

Back