Britstop

Meoncoast

Meoncoast

an Ocean by the Sea
Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Has anyone else order 2015 Britstop book. If so have you recieved it?
I pre ordered the in early February, website now saying book avaliable but mine has not yet arrived.
Have emailed seeking up date but not getting a reply !!!!!!
What are others experience's

Mine arrived two weeks ago.

arrived 2 weeks ago

Mine arrived a few days after ordering

Thanks will try and contact .again

What is your experience of the Britstop venues?

Have you ever been turned away?

Following your reply's I now have my Britstop 2015 book. contact them over weekend appears mine was lost in the post new copy sent out and arrived this morning

I guess you would always have a porta potti onboard??

For me it is an essential. My Cali is as much an exploratory vehicle as it is a leisure vehicle. Being off the beaten track, in places where I might just have to stop for the night and wildcamp, taking advantage of Britstops, stopping where and when I want to and not when the logistics of a camping guide dictate, being simply where there are no convenient conveniences for those en-route comfort breaks :oops:

Considering ordering one of these books, we have 2 dogs and wondered if there are many Britstops that accept 2 ( ahem well behaved ) dogs…….anyone know ? cheers

Considering ordering one of these books, we have 2 dogs and wondered if there are many Britstops that accept 2 ( ahem well behaved ) dogs…….anyone know ? cheers

Loads ...

Cali friendly pubs and dog friendly pubs seem to go together.

I stopped for lunch at one place in Hampshire that is a Britstop and asked "If I turned up in my camper can I bring my dog in?" and the response was "if you have a dog and turn up without it you won't be allowed in, we only let dogs with well-behaved owners in".

I have just looked in my britstop book and the first 21 entries have the "dog friendly" symbol ...

the 22nd is a vineyard ... doesn't bother me, Max doesn't drink :sad

23rd is an organic farm ...

There are then 40 out of the next 43 that are dog friendly ...

That's it, not counting any more, point made ....

Ah , thank you Jen.
May have to avoid the Hampshire one if well behaved owners only are allowed ! Wouldn't want to show the pooches up ...

Didn't know about Britstops, just ordered the book, thank you all (yet again).

I have just come back from a 5 day trip (should have been 8 but a loss in the family ....) ...

I stayed on one basic facility CL - cost ÂŁ11.00

Stayed on one Freebie, guest of Durham University.

Stayed on 3 Britstops . assume ÂŁ11 pound per night saved = ÂŁ33.00 = book paid for.

meercat.jpg

Simples, Jen. Simples ...

Jen, I think I passed you yesterday on the a69 about 1pm near Hexham,

Steve

Would not have been me Steve,

Sadly I came home the night before, from Skegness.

In fact leaving Skegness was perhaps the wisest decision that I have made this year .... dreadful place, felt like Lorenza of Arabia, strutting through a sandstorm as the winds blew half the beach inland.

Ah ok just as well I didn,t flash you then...........

Good service, ordered book on Tuesday after reading this, arrived in post this morning,

Haha, I meant my lights Jen. Way too cold up here for the other method!