Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Britstops / The Campervan Bible Map / Search for Sites / etc?

D

Dorchest

VIP Member
Hi all

I’ve used Britstops (physical book & online) in the past to find interesting places to stop overnight away from busy campsites. The information was good but the book often quickly out-of-date due to the nature of the businesses involved .

I’ve also used Search for Sites (online) which covers both campsites, pubs, car park, etc in less detail but is a good place to start to research from.

I’ve now seen that The Campervan Bible provide their own map to places to stop but I can’t see what it’s like without joining - which would be my main reason for doing so. Can anyone provide a comparison to Britstops or Search for Sites?

Does anyone recommend any other useful resource to find overnight stops away from busy campsites?

Thanks for any info………..Mike

Hi all

I’ve used Britstops (physical book & online) in the past to find interesting places to stop overnight away from busy campsites. The information was good but the book often quickly out-of-date due to the nature of the businesses involved .

I’ve also used Search for Sites (online) which covers both campsites, pubs, car park, etc in less detail but is a good place to start to research from.

I’ve now seen that The Campervan Bible provide their own map to places to stop but I can’t see what it’s like without joining - which would be my main reason for doing so. Can anyone provide a comparison to Britstops or Search for Sites?

Does anyone recommend any other useful resource to find overnight stops away from busy campsites?

Thanks for any info………..Mike
Coolcamping contains a lot of seasonal sites without electric hook ups, but with loos and showers. As they’re only really suitable for tents and campervans, availability tends to be good.