Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Broke but happy!

L

Light Footprint

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Beach 199
Picking up my Beach T6.1 204HP DSG 4 Motion 2.0 TDI on Friday here in the Netherlands. Can't wait. First time owning a VW Bus and look forward to nice long drives cruising with family, friends, or just me and my dog. It's Indium Grey Metallic and I ordered right from the beginning leather seats, gearbox protection + OBD lock, and the Bandrup Isotop. I'm sure the first trips will be chilly and fully unprepared but I look forward to them. Thanks to you all for so many great ideas.

First Bus and it's a 204 4Mo, good choice. Welcome to the Cali family.

Picking up my Beach T6.1 204HP DSG 4 Motion 2.0 TDI on Friday here in the Netherlands. Can't wait. First time owning a VW Bus and look forward to nice long drives cruising with family, friends, or just me and my dog. It's Indium Grey Metallic and I ordered right from the beginning leather seats, gearbox protection + OBD lock, and the Bandrup Isotop. I'm sure the first trips will be chilly and fully unprepared but I look forward to them. Thanks to you all for so many great ideas.
From Naarden? Curious to know if you get the new bellows material (assuming you speced the upgraded Panoramic option)

From Naarden? Curious to know if you get the new bellows material (assuming you speced the upgraded Panoramic option)
Yes from Naarden. On the invoice it is noted as Brandrup Isotop for pop up tent with front opening. Ill know more at the end of the week.

Yes from Naarden. On the invoice it is noted as Brandrup Isotop for pop up tent with front opening. Ill know more at the end of the week.
Same source as my Coast then. Let us know how the handover goes. The Brandrup isotope is an aftermarket insulation layer, unrelated to the bellows. The new bellows is double skinned (lighter on the inside) with a stretchy neoprene-like quality. These supposedly superseded the old material on builds beginning the 3rd week of Sept.

Same source as my Coast then. Let us know how the handover goes. The Brandrup isotope is an aftermarket insulation layer, unrelated to the bellows. The new bellows is double skinned (lighter on the inside) with a stretchy neoprene-like quality. These supposedly superseded the old material on builds beginning the 3rd week of Sept.
Any tips for the handover - what to ask? I was told it takes about 1 hour.

Any tips for the handover - what to ask? I was told it takes about 1 hour.
I am as much in the dark as you having never purchased a car brand new. I am planning to take the checklist so I can be sure to cover every aspect of the Cali. I want to make sure everything works as it should, that all the accessories are present and that every option I spec'ed is on the vehicle.

Nice! Do you have the mini kitchen? If so get a flask, hot chocolate powder, and a hot water bottle, that’ll help with the cold nights!

And thermal pyjamas

Congratulations Light Footprint. Curious to know when you originally ordered? I'm waiting on a van from MyCali as well. and please post some snaps if you can

Very jealous ;)

Hi, Would you have any suggestion to follow up with the handover? I see reference to a check list however I cant find it in the thread? thanks,

Congratulations Light Footprint. Curious to know when you originally ordered? I'm waiting on a van from MyCali as well. and please post some snaps if you can

Very jealous ;)
Hi, Actually a very short time ago (May 2022) however it was only because they had ordered a number of VW Californias in 2021 (without buyers) and I just agreed to the package they had ordered. So it appears it was about one year since the company ordered it.

Hi, Would you have any suggestion to follow up with the handover? I see reference to a check list however I cant find it in the thread? thanks,
The check list is for download in the Resources section of the Forum.

Hi, Actually a very short time ago (May 2022) however it was only because they had ordered a number of VW Californias in 2021 (without buyers) and I just agreed to the package they had ordered. So it appears it was about one year since the company ordered it.
How did the handover go? Did VW install the new bellows material?