Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Broken (Happy) woof

60bb4f50c36b87f3f47cd188f6cfa9bd.jpg

After trotting behind us for a couple of hours on a New Forest cycle ride today.

wow, lovely camping spots! Lovely dog!

Loving the Madkon and considering one for my husband’s birthday.

In your photo there is a scorched area underneath. Was that there before or is the fire so strong it can still cause scorching?

Amazing photos and gorgeous dog btw!
That was done by someone else. Looked like someone had open fires going at some point.
Bbq doesn’t make the ground hot at all, you may get the odd small ember escape.
Very pleased so far, expensive bit of kit so hoping I’m still as pleased in a few years.
They were doing a small discount on them though.

That was done by someone else. Looked like someone had open fires going at some point.
Bbq doesn’t make the ground hot at all, you may get the odd small ember escape.
Very pleased so far, expensive bit of kit so hoping I’m still as pleased in a few years.
They were doing a small discount on them though.
Thank you. Great to know they can pack up so small and allow a fantastic fire without risk to the ground.

We have a trusty fire pit with folding legs from out camping days. It burns brilliantly and doesn’t scorch anything but it takes up way too much room in the boot!

Love it round there, which way did you go up?
There’s some nice routes up from the reservoir, or was it the leg destroying tourist path.
We slept the night in the National Trust car park at Cwm Gwdi, and climbed up from there leaving at 8am. This was Plan B because the campsite at Nant Cwm was closed. Once at the top Ben became chilled very quickly so we descended by the same route instead of completing the horseshoe over Cribyn, descending on the next ridge. We were back at the van before midday.

Next month we hope to do Pen-y-ghent and Whernside on consecutive days. I feel blessed that Ben at the age of six has already developed a thirst for hillwalking. I have now bought him proper ski gloves and a down jacket, so hopefully he won't get chilled again.

If you venture onto Fan y big (next one), you can give him a history lesson as there’s an old ww2 Canadian bomber crash site
We slept the night in the National Trust car park at Cwm Gwdi, and climbed up from there leaving at 8am. This was Plan B because the campsite at Nant Cwm was closed. Once at the top Ben became chilled very quickly so we descended by the same route instead of completing the horseshoe over Cribyn, descending on the next ridge. We were back at the van before midday.

Next month we hope to do Pen-y-ghent and Whernside on consecutive days. I feel blessed that Ben at the age of six has already developed a thirst for hillwalking. I have now bought him proper ski gloves and a down jacket, so hopefully he won't get chilled again.

Should be doable for Ben, Pen-y-ghent Is a nice one, Whernside a bit more of a slog. Nice part of the Dales.

Is that your Meg? I have never seen anything like that in a collie. Amazing. Mind, I've never seen many lambs like that either!

Last edited:
Is that your Meg? I have never seen anything liker that in a collie. Amazing. Mind, I've never seen many lambs like that either!
No it's not Meg - just a Facebook link sent to me by my cousin and the owner of one of Meg's puppies.

Last edited: