Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Broken glass on wing mirror

C

cristina McLean

Hi,

I have broken the glass on the driver side wing mirror of our California (2013). As the whole mirror is SO expensive, I was wondering whether you can replace just the glass, as you can with many other vehicles. And, if so, where do you recommend that I get one? Is it difficult to take off/re-fit?

Thanks a lot

Cristina

Hi there , i'm pretty sure you can order just the glas part , don't know where best to buy it as i'm not from the UK , sure others will give tips.

But you posted in T4 section and say your Cali is 2013 witch then a T5 .
Please clarify so i can move your post if needed.

Last edited:
I was wondering whether you can replace just the glass, as you can with many other vehicles.
Loads of replacement mirror glasses on eBay https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_nkw=t5+wing+mirror+glass&_frs=1 and probably available at higher cost from VW. I think Halfords also do replacement mirror glass and will fit for you (at a cost).

It's usually fairly easy to unclip the broken glass and clip the new one in, but if you aren't sure about it, a local independent garage ought to be able to get a replacement and clip in in for not too much money.

I broke mine a couple of weeks ago. £60 and glass replaced only.

Thanks everyone for your advice. I am reassured that I don't have to replace the whole mirror!

Cristina

I went on a website called fixmycar dot com. Basically describe what needs doing and where you are and sit back and wait for the quotes. My mirror was fixed in 48 hours by someone 9 miles away from home.

Hi,

I have broken the glass on the driver side wing mirror of our California (2013). As the whole mirror is SO expensive, I was wondering whether you can replace just the glass, as you can with many other vehicles. And, if so, where do you recommend that I get one? Is it difficult to take off/re-fit?

Thanks a lot

Cristina

You can definitely buy just the glass. If you give your local dealership your chassis number they will be able to supply the exact glass you need - there are a number of options as you can see in http://www.realoem.me/Volkswagen/RDW/TR/2013/732/R/8/857/857040 diagram. Usually a case of simple unclipping the debris of the old mirror glass and replacing with the new.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back