Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Broken knob and cannot select menus

jts46

jts46

Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 130
Took my cali in for a service and hydraulic roof pump fault. Picked the van up late tuesday evening. Caught in traffic jam so switched control panel on. The knob appears to be broken and cannot select menus.
It was working perfectly alright when i took the van in for the repair.
It looks like someone has banged head and damaged knob of panel when replacing roof headlining.
What are my rights regarding getting it put right?

Depends on the dealership (ie if they are ar$es or heroes!) and if they are happy to take your word for it. Other than that you would need to prove somehow that they had caused it. Surely most would accept liability though.

But are you sure it has not just failed in normal use as so many do? Especially if you have a 2006 van.

Check the VIP section for a how to repair control knob article.

No good news , report it asap. At the dealer who worked on it they should cover the repair imo.

Depends on the dealership (ie if they are ar$es or heroes!) and if they are happy to take your word for it. Other than that you would need to prove somehow that they had caused it. Surely most would accept liability though.

But are you sure it has not just failed in normal use as so many do? Especially if you have a 2006 van.

Check the VIP section for a how to repair control knob article.
It was working perfectly when i took it in, as i used it to raise the roof to show the technician the problem with the roof

It was working perfectly when i took it in, as i used it to raise the roof to show the technician the problem with the roof
Dealers seem to be a lot like hospitals, stay away from them if at all possible.

I can't see that there could be any grounds for dispute. If you demonstrated the roof when it went in by operating the control panel ( how else can the roof be operated?), and it is now not working after the repair, and have reported this within a reasonably time scale, how can even a VW dealer dispute that they should sort the problem.

Not good at all. I don´t know what your rights are but it will probably come
down to how reasonable the technician/ workshop manager is.
Was it in France or UK ?

If you don´t have any luck with them there is a place in Holland that repairs
control panels. ( done by post )
How did you know the pump was faulty ? The reason i ask is that i think i might
need a new one.
Last week i noticed it had stopped doing the final buzzing sound on opening and
closing.
I didn´t realise the headlining had to come out for a changeover though.

Not good at all. I don´t know what your rights are but it will probably come
down to how reasonable the technician/ workshop manager is.
Was it in France or UK ?

If you don´t have any luck with them there is a place in Holland that repairs
control panels. ( done by post )
How did you know the pump was faulty ? The reason i ask is that i think i might
need a new one.
Last week i noticed it had stopped doing the final buzzing sound on opening and
closing.
I didn´t realise the headlining had to come out for a changeover though.
Headlining comes out to top up fluid not to change control unit

Back