Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Broken Removable Table

Lewis

Lewis

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
So we had our first broken bit last week. First time the removable table had been opened out and the metal cap blasts off leaving the leg connector loose. The table still works for now but will obviously want to get it replaced under warranty.

Anyone else had a similar issue? Was it pretty easy to get replaced? I'm interested to know if we have to give our table back and wait weeks for a replacement or if we can keep it in the interim as we're off on a 10 day trip in a week and a bit.

L

IMG_4461.jpg

IMG_4456.jpg

Just a sprung friction fit end cap popped off by the looks of it - probably not fully fitted correctly in the first place - maybe try just knocking it back on gently with a hammer.

Delivery on 'camping parts' can be horrendous. Most dealers will canabalise a demonstrator if you stress how important it is. The table doesn't even need dismantled.

Just to follow up on this, following @DM 's suggestion I went into Citygate Wooburn Green this morning and came out with a brand new boxed table within 10mins. They said they'd never had one returned for this before but to save any hassle have this new one instead. First problem we've had in nearly 5months of ownership and top service from Citygate. Long may that continue.

Reactions: DM
We picked up our brand new Ocean last week (30 Jan 19) and have exactly the same issue with the table leg - cap missing and table does not fold back properly unless I hold the strut in the right position with a pair of small pliers. Will contact dealer (Breeze Poole) later this week - just checking to see if we have any other snags before contacting them

Our dealer Carrs of Exeter just put a new uncapped spring clip thing on ours.

I have the same problem - my end cap went AWOL. Great idea to fit a circlip. I will go looking for the right size circlip to replace and repair the table leg.