Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Broken sink glass

M

Mcgheassons

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi folks, it’s with my tail between my legs that I admit using s frying pan too big for the stove and have bust the glass on my sink! Doh!
Can anyone recommend where I can order a new lid?
Thanks in advance

Hi folks, it’s with my tail between my legs that I admit using s frying pan too big for the stove and have bust the glass on my sink! Doh!
Thanks in advance
VW I’m afraid. Local Dealership or possibly Forum Shop.

Thanks for your response! Have you experienced this?
Fortunately No, but it has been reported by a few Forum members, but normally accidental, dropping something, and one where it was spontaneous apparently.

Frustratingly we’ve been using the same frying pan for the last few days without incident! I’ve been in touch with local dealer and waiting for more info!

Frustratingly we’ve been using the same frying pan for the last few days without incident! I’ve been in touch with local dealer and waiting for more info!
You’ll probably wince at the price.:shocked

Out of interest, what size frying pan were you using?

Is it the heat from the proximity of the large pan that you think caused it, or did you drop it from a great height!?

Hi, I think the heat coming out and around the side of the pan! I placed a cool kettle on the sink cover shortly after turning the cooker off and after a few seconds it shattered with a loud bang!

Ah. They'll be some confusion here as the majority of us will have the one piece top whereas you've got the later 2 piece.

Ahh, yes should have said! It’s a 2018 model!
Someone else posted on Facebook group about this yesterday and you need to have the sink top open when using the right hand burner and always remove the washing up bowl because that can melt too. If we are using a pan that’s a larger diameter than the pan support thingy, then we avoid using the left hand burner in case it does that to the fridge glass too. Poor you tho: easily done. Report back with the cost of repair.

As a side question, if you have a one piece glass, could you upgtade to the new two part one?

As a side question, if you have a one piece glass, could you upgtade to the new two part one?
This bit has been discussed before and it seemed unlikely. It’s certainly not just a parts swap as ‘our’ kitchens don’t have a hole for the middle hinge / bracket. Not saying it couldn’t be drilled / engineered, but access is awful and a cock up would be very expensive.

No but would it fit an older one glass model? The kitchen unit is the same.

Thanks in advance
Hello
Did you manage to replace the glass?
A similar thing has just happens to me yesterday.
How much did it cost and who fitted it?

The lid is about € 250 - 300 if I remember correctly. But it comes with the hinges.
The big single lid is about € 350, without the € 30 per hinge.

Hey everyone,
I got the same problem yesterday :( I‘m trying to get the exact part number for the sink lid (or maybe just the glass) but I’m not able to find it. Does anyone can gave me that part number.
VW California Coast 2018 with split lid...

Back