Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Bry st Edmunds - VW van centre

P

Pollychops

VIP Member
Well, we have just collected our Cali SE from BSE Van Centre at the weekend. We were handled by John Clarke and from start to finish the service was fantastic. We decided on a Pre registered 180 DSG with a shed load of extras in Reflex Silver as we did not want to wait for a factory ordered vehicle with the 2014 price list now in use, mind you if we had we would have paid a lot more and the one we have bought only had 11 miles on the clock, it still had the polythene on the covers. The hand over was excellent and we have piece of mind that John know's his onions and he is only a phone call away should we need any assisitance. I would certainly suggest using BSE Van Centre if anyone out there is looking. :clap

We had exactly the same excellent service from the team at BSE, and John was very helpful at the time and has been several times since our purchase. We would thoroughly recommend BSE.

Our cali (140 manual silver grey with lots of extras) had 80 miles on the clock and was an ex demo model, but to all intense and purposes, was brand new, and we Love it to bits!!!! :p

Enjoy yours.

Chris and Liz

SeismiChris said:
We had exactly the same excellent service from the team at BSE, and John was very helpful at the time and has been several times since our purchase. We would thoroughly recommend BSE.

Our cali (140 manual silver grey with lots of extras) had 80 miles on the clock and was an ex demo model, but to all intense and purposes, was brand new, and we Love it to bits!!!! :p

Enjoy yours.

Chris and Liz
Hi Chris and Liz,
I am glad you had the same service, we were lucky to come across them as we did try some other dealers and was a bit put off by them. Like you we had loads of extras and with the vehicle not been driven it was too good to be true. We took it out for a run on Sunday to Aldeburgh for fish and chips, it was a pleasure to drive as we also have a Brazilian Type 2 camper which is a completely different ride altogether. We will post some images once we get a bit of good weather.

I live in Bury and wanted to purchase my Cali from them, unfortunately they were not willing to get even close to SMG on a factory order Cali, but I have used them for warranty work several times now and always found them to have excellent after sales service!

interesting that you also have a brazilian, as we owned a danbury type 2 for 3 years prior to our recent cali purchase. Spent a small fortune on various repairs including a replacement gearbox and clutch, pretty poor show as the vehicle was only 6 years old!!! we got a really bum deal with the trade-in from danbury, it was traded in with bury who sold it to danbury. So much for VW's holding their price.

Chris and Liz

We have been lucky with our Brazilian and not had anything go wrong with it, it is now 5 years old but we have always kept it in a barn so no obvious problems with rust. Sorry to hear about your deal with Danbury, having dealt with them ourselves we understand your feelings. We are in a state of limbo at the moment trying to make a decision on selling or keeping it. Will just have to wait and see. Mind you We are in no rush to get it out whilst we have a nice new shiny SE.

I have just ordered my new 180 DSG from John at Bury and I have been really impressed with the service from start to finish. The showroom is lovely; a large, modern, bright building with ample easy parking and a California SE on display inside. We went a couple of months back to look and ask questions - John gave lots of helpful advice and wasn't pushy at all about ordering. I then contacted him a week or so ago with a DtD price which he was unable to match but did offer 5%. I wanted to get closer to the deal so contacted other dealers and one almost matched DtD but was three times the travelling distance. Then on Monday morning, John emailed after a meeting with the boss to say that he had negotiated a better deal for me which, whilst still a little higher than the other dealership, was close enough to make me go and order there and then :D The ordering process was easy, we had another test drive and I have had a phone call and two emails since to let me know that the order has gone through and the predicted build week from VW.

I would highly recommend John at Bury St Edmunds VW to anyone in the area.

Maud

John and Jason in sales are both good chaps!

Welcome to the Bury St Edmunds California Owners Club!!

:thumb

jamesC said:
John and Jason in sales are both good chaps!

Welcome to the Bury St Edmunds California Owners Club!!

:thumb
Ditto, I also had a couple of little nigles and they were great in their customer service and resolved them very quickly with no fuss. :thumb

Hi James and Pollychops - and thanks for the welcome! I had read your reviews of Bury before ordering and it was reassuring reading :D

:thanks
Maud

Just had our first cali service at Bury St Edmunds. Our service advisor was a new chap called Stephen Eboma, only been with the Volkwagen Van Centre for 2 weeks, but I have to say, a nicer person you could not wish to meet. The whole experience was absolutely exemplary. Stephen arranged to drive me into the centre of Bury then collected me once the service was complete just over 2 hours later. The van was also valeted throughout. Fantastic service. Chris and Liz.

We've just ordered through John at Bury St Edmunds. I have to say, out of the many dealers we contacted to spend almost £60K, John was the most interested, most professional and seemed genuinely interested in our business.

On visiting the dealership, we were really impressed.

No experience so far on after-sales but we hope that side of things performs as well as the sale itself.

I got my Cali from St Ives, dreadful service. I now use The van centre at Bury and they are fantastic. I have also used SMG who are also fantastic but too far away for routine bits.

Andy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I called in to St.Ives about 6 or 7 years ago to view a Cali.
The salesman was on the phone so, out of courtesy I waited outside his office. after a few minutes I heard him shout "can I help you " very loud but I could not see him . So asked him who he was shouting at------- he came out of his office and passed me over to another person who took me out to a Cali.
Had a look at it and asked if the top bed went up to give standing room in the kitchen." No" was the answer-- asked if I could have a run in it and the answer once again was no
I still have a smile on my face when I remember it, Needless to say I have never gone back there,
It is possible that a new sales team are in situ but once bitten twice shy,

Nice to see Good feedback on Bury st Ed’s van centre as this is the dealership I’m considering if I go ahead and order a Cali around Xmas time this year

Hi, we bought from John Clarke at Bury St. Edmunds and only have good things to say about him & the dealership. Before we ordered John was very helpful and knowledgeable and spent a good hour and a half with us showing the features of the Cali - without ever pushing us to buy. Our Cali was caught up in the December delays, being held up at the factory. John kept us informed about progress throughout and our handover was very thorough with no faults evident when going through the comprehensive forum checklist or discovers since.

We had visited dealerships closer to our home address but found them less helpful & knowledgeable. We will travel to Bury for servicing despite there being closers dealers.