Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Build underway!

F

fiveplusdog

Vehicle
Looking to buy
I just had to share this here as know you will all understand our excitement. After having an unconfirmed build of this week (10) we have emailed the garage today and found that build has started! So excited and a little bit nervous too! We have gone for a grape yellow beach. This forum has proved so useful so thank you everyone. I have a big shopping list ready and now I can officially start spending! Any guesstimates on how long it might take from now until arrival? Apparently we are in the later stages of build so three more days of build left.....

Good news. In case your not aware and something you may wish to do the dealer can register the vehicle as soon as it's in the country.

Mike

Good news. In case your not aware and something you may wish to do the dealer can register the vehicle as soon as it's in the country.

Mike
Thanks Mike- we will def be on to the dealer as soon as it arrives to try and beat the new road tax!

Great stuf ....if it is as it says...fiveplusdog...it will get busy in there
:D

Any guesstimates on how long it might take from now until arrival? Apparently we are in the later stages of build so three more days of build left.....

Ours was exactly four weeks from start of build to delivered to dealer, but there have been plenty of posts on here from those waiting a lot longer for shipping.

Exciting times..... We're a grape yellow beach also. Also week 10.... but still waiting to hear from the dealer.....
Must be a grape yellow beach week this week!
We're holding our breath hoping it will land and get registered ahead of the VED increase.
Everyone on the forum has been very helpful, the advice we have received is that the van can be registered as soon as it lands.... And that we need to make sure the dealer is on their toes to get this done ahead of the 1st April....
Fingers crossed....

Exciting times..... We're a grape yellow beach also. Also week 10.... but still waiting to hear from the dealer.....
Must be a grape yellow beach week this week!
We're holding our breath hoping it will land and get registered ahead of the VED increase.
Everyone on the forum has been very helpful, the advice we have received is that the van can be registered as soon as it lands.... And that we need to make sure the dealer is on their toes to get this done ahead of the 1st April....
Fingers crossed....
Grape yellow has been a bold choice for us but looks so fun. Some people think we are crazy to choose yellow but it certainly stands out!

I like grape yellow too but got out-voted so went for candy white (which is also nice). We are confirmed week 9, i.e. last week. I haven't heard anything from the dealer about progress, I was hoping to have heard something by now. I'll call on Thursday for an update.

Good luck with yours.

We're also confirmed build Week 10 - Acapulco Blue Ocean. Getting excited now!

I like grape yellow too but got out-voted so went for candy white (which is also nice). We are confirmed week 9, i.e. last week. I haven't heard anything from the dealer about progress, I was hoping to have heard something by now. I'll call on Thursday for an update.

Good luck with yours.
Yes candy white looks great too. Good luck with yours too!

It's built and will now be at the port in Emden. Our dealer told us that VW are bring proactive on getting vehicles here in time as obviously they are aware of the VED increase. So hopefully will be shipped within 15 days. The wait is almost over!

It's built and will now be at the port in Emden. Our dealer told us that VW are bring proactive on getting vehicles here in time as obviously they are aware of the VED increase. So hopefully will be shipped within 15 days. The wait is almost over!
That's good to hear and although I know we sometimes bash VWs customer care, they do seem to have their good moments too. :) Fingers crossed they get here in time!

That's good to hear and although I know we sometimes bash VWs customer care, they do seem to have their good moments too. :) Fingers crossed they get here in time!
There are currently three vehicle carriers loading at Emden, the destination of them is not available to non-premium members of the Marine Traffic website, but there's a good chance that one or more of them will be bound for the UK shortly, and unloading in the UK on Monday.

Good luck to those waiting for registration before April.

I'm hoping for Sheerness as the destination port

Ours is at Sheerness now....hoping for delivery at dealers this week ....

Just been told ours is now status 30 'in transit' quite literally getting closer.....
.....as is the 1st of April